PC Config for a Programmer - Web + Android App Development

Chethan Bhat

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I am a developer. I would like to use it for Web Development and Android Application Development. I use software such as Visual Studio Code, Android Studio etc. In addition I would like to run graphic design software such as Photoshop, Lightroom, Coreldraw,

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50k. I can extend.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Minimum 1 TB or above. I would also prefer a SSD as primary drive and regular hard drive for storage.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 21 inch or above. As I would be sitting for about 8hrs+ I would like something comfortable for my eyes. I wear glasses.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Nope. Everything from scratch

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 3-6 months.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Probably will ask a assembler I know.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mangalore. I am open to buy both locally or online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:If there is a decent laptop which has great hd screen (v.important) + great performance I dont mind buying just for sake of portability.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Intel® Core™ i5-8400 Desktop Processor-13,000
ASUS PRIME B360-PLUS-8900

CORSAIR 8GB DDR4 CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R-6,400
WESTERN DIGITAL DESKTOP HARD DRIVE 1TB BLUE (WD10EZEX)-2,800
KINGSTON INTERNAL SSD A400 120GB (SA400S37-240G)-2,300
CORSAIR CX450-3,800
CORSAIR SPEC-ALPHA White-Red-4700
LG 24MP88HV-15,000

I know its over your budget but I suggested a a good quality monitor since your will be working on this for 8+ hrs, working on laptop for so long is bad idea due to small screen

Top Bottom