PC case moddng in Mumbai !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Hi , i recently saw one of my friends NZXT GUARDIAN cabinet with so many cool led lights . I must say that i really envy him . So i have decided to mod my cheapo intex case too . I can get the led fans and led rods from lamington road but i wont manage all the cutting and fitting transparent side panel . So does anyone knows any shop in mumbai that deals with pc case modding . I can spend 2-3 k for it but dont suggest me a new case since i am firm on modding the old cabinet itself .

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
As the saying goes, envy leads to deeds filled with stupidity.
Usually these cheap cases from intex and such brands that relabel Chinese products and all seem to be made from tin sheet. Its always best to mod cases which are made with aluminium or steel cases with decent amount of thickness. Using a dremel is out of the question. You can try laser cut but I am not too sure its advisible to cut a case made of tin sheet. Most likely it might flex once its cut. You can try searching for laser cutting workshops but the risk is on your own and most probably most of the workshops will refuse to cut it.

Just buy a case with a sidepanel and be done with it. Its suprising to see people envying lights and blings rather than sheer performance. Maybe you should just decorate the system with christmas/diwali lights- no pun intended. People who have fantasized and modded cases, loved their mod work eventually, but started growing hatred towards the lights and the bling after 5-6 months:p. Even these cold cathode tubes from sunbeam tend to fail in 6-8 month's time.

Krow

Crowman
Lights are mere show-off IMO. Better get a mod done which reduces temps and improves airflow in the cast than going for fancy LED fans/cathodes etc.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Ok my intex case sounds cheapo but the build quality is good enough and made of alluminium , to be more specific its model is intex nova royal , try googling it . Anyway the airflow in my case is good enough plus i am gonna add some good led fans , does anyone knows where i can get the modding done .
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Just buy a case with a sidepanel and be done with it. Its suprising to see people envying lights and blings rather than sheer performance. Maybe you should just decorate the system with christmas/diwali lights- no pun intended. People who have fantasized and modded cases, loved their mod work eventually, but started growing hatred towards the lights and the bling after 5-6 months:p. Even these cold cathode tubes from sunbeam tend to fail in 6-8 month's time.

Dude , modding is a matter of personal choice . You may like it or you may not , you may always switch of the lights if you wont to . i am not concerned about the performance since my currrent rig fulfills my requirement . I would upgrade when time comes . I knew people like u would suggest a new cabinet so i have clearly mentioned that i wont get a new one . So are you from mumbai and do you know any pc case modding shops ??
Who knows what would happen after 5-6 months , i would end up buying a new cabby so dont waste around just give some helpful tips .
Posted again:
Lights are mere show-off IMO. .
That is what i want to do

Last edited:
OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Ok here is a link of my cabby
*www.anythinginit.com/show_product_images.asp?pid=1424&type_img=images&img_name=cabinet-royal-b.jpg

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
It doesn't say which material :p
Its most probably its either tinsheet or 0.4-0.6 (hopefully) cold rolled (again- hopefully)steel. 0.4mm would probably flex but depends how big you want to cut. I don't know anyone in vashi. There is someone whom I think still does modding, cutting and installing it but that would cost 800-1000 bucks most likely.
3 choices:
#1. Make a good enough design using a marker on a side panel from within and google or check for any metal cutting workshops locally who uses laser. That would cost 400-500, depending on the cut. First confirm the material and the thickness of the sidepanel. Get an acrylic sheet and stick it from the inside using silicone gel, you should get it in general hardware stores.
#2. You could always keep the side panel aside and use an acrylic sheet straightaway.
#3. *www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/do-custom-case-side-panel-windows-108490.html
You might have to register and PM through the forums. You will have to pm him the design and which side panel. He will take a long time to pm you back including shipping. Does he allow pickup? Ask him.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ He would be obviously busy since he is getting lot of clients, and its not limited only the forums alone. Its not Tarun who's giving all the quotes and all, as far as I spoke to him when he was new, his family was into ship scrapping business and he will be in NY while his assistants over here will do the quotes and confirm the order.

Krow

Crowman
Hmmm... Nice to have you around though. Even though you have a frank and on your face style of posting, you speak a lot of sense and have quite some knowledge (which this forum needs badly).

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
ya thanx @ crow and Sorcerer , i believe that the thickness of side panel is good enough and also i have seen KMD's thread on TE but he hardly posts now . Does he have a shop or something where i can visit , anywhere in mumbai can do .

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Well dealers don't post much (except loud mouths like amarbir :p), just send him a PM and get a quote. You will have to wait for 3-4 days. Other than him, I doubt anyone in Mumbai does it. You will have to get it cut from the metal cutting workshop and get the acrylic sheet with silicone glue to get it stuck- or else you could get the screw holes done on the panel and the sheet to get it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom