PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
re: Please rename this thread to "PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

Hello.. I am new to this forums and was going through the basics when i noticed this:

RAM

To make RAM work in dual channel mode you’ll have to insert them into same color slots. For example, if your board has Red – Blue - Red – Blue slots, insert then RAM into either black or blue slots.

Don't you mean insert either in Red or Blue slot? Rather than Black or Blue?

Hi. welcome to Digit Forums :)

Insert both the RAMs in blue slots, or both the RAMs in black slot.

BryanM35

Broken In
re: Please rename this thread to "PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2015 - Q2

If you are going to buy a PC do remember and want to use window 8 the basic requirements.
Processor 1GHz or faster
RAM 1GB (32bit) or 2GB (64bit)
Hard disk space 16GB (32bit) or 20GB (64bit)
Graphics card Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

I've been out of sync. Any updates needed for Q2?

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz

Hi guys,

I am planning to build a mini itx gaming PC mainly for playing Witcher 3 and other upcoming games at 1080p ultra settings. I have decided for the following parts:

i5 4590
GTX 980
GIGABYTE GA-H97N - tell me any other mini itx non-overclocking motherboard with onboard wifi(very important)
Kingston 8GB HyperX Fury 1600mhz DDR3 - if 16gb is really necessary I will go with that
Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm HDD
Samgung EVO 850 250GB SSD
Corsair Graphite 380T mini itx case
Corsair CS550M PSU - please suggest any other PSU which will handle this config and fit in the above case

A

amit.tiger12

Corsair CS550M PSU - please suggest any other PSU which will handle this config and fit in the above case

Seasonic S12II 520 Watts or Seasonic S12II 620 Watts...

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz

Seasonic S12II 520 Watts or Seasonic S12II 620 Watts...

this a 80+ bronze and the corsair cs550m is 80+ gold, and the corsair one is modular and not sure if Seasonic S12II is modular...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

this a 80+ bronze and the corsair cs550m is 80+ gold, and the corsair one is modular and not sure if Seasonic S12II is modular...

Though Seasonic S12II 520 Watts or Seasonic S12II 620 Watts are 80+ Bronze they are made like a Tank with 5 years warranty. Corsair CS550M or Corsair CS650M are 80+ Gold and are only Semi-Modular but not fully Modular.OK.

baban4u

Broken In

I am looking to upgrade my PC in order to play some of the recent games released.
Can you please suggest a configuration within Rs 40000(without Monitor as i already have one).
Please advise.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

I am looking to upgrade my PC in order to play some of the recent games released.
Can you please suggest a configuration within Rs 40000(without Monitor as i already have one).
Please advise.

*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

baban4u

Broken In

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: will like to play some of the recent games like GTA 5.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs 40000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Don't know if it is required for some Daily use and playing Games.Please advise

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have already have a monitor of DELL S2240L

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and DVD RW and the ones i am planning to reuse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: To upgrade

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I am from Kolkata and planning to Buy Locally but also open to buy from online shops in case of price advantage.It would be great if anyone can also suggest some shops locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The system would sufficient for at least 2 years without update.

Please suggest

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: will like to play some of the recent games like GTA 5.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs 40000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Don't know if it is required for some Daily use and playing Games.Please advise

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have already have a monitor of DELL S2240L

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and DVD RW and the ones i am planning to reuse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: To upgrade

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I am from Kolkata and planning to Buy Locally but also open to buy from online shops in case of price advantage.It would be great if anyone can also suggest some shops locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The system would sufficient for at least 2 years without update.

Please suggest

Modified forums 40k config

ProcessorIntel Core i5 4440
CPU Cooler
Stock
MotherboardGigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4GB 1600 MHz
Graphics CardZotac GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5
Power SupplyAntec VP550P
CabinetDeepcool Tesseract SW
Internal StorageWD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Optical DriveNone
MonitorNone
KeyboardNone
MouseNone
Total41,500

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

^ Instead of GTX 750 Ti, get GTX 960. Totally worth the extra price.

baban4u

Broken In

Modified forums 40k config

ProcessorIntel Core i5 4440
CPU Cooler
Stock
MotherboardGigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4GB 1600 MHz
Graphics CardZotac GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5
Power SupplyAntec VP550P
CabinetDeepcool Tesseract SW
Internal StorageWD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Optical DriveNone
MonitorNone
KeyboardNone
MouseNone
Total41,500

Thanks a lot for your reply.
1) Is there a way to go for a bit cheaper PSU and Cabnet so that i can go for 8GB RAM?
2) Also regarding the Motherboard in one of the websites it say the following so should i go for any other MB supporting 64 - bit:-
"Due to a Windows 32-bit Operating System Limitation, When More than 4 GB of Physical Memory is Installed, the Actual Memory Size Displayed will be Less than the Size of the Physical Memory Installed."
3) Also the Graphics Card "Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5" should I invest a bit more and go for 960 or this Card is enough for playing the games that are going to be released in future.

Please advise.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

1) Is there a way to go for a bit cheaper PSU and Cabnet so that i can go for 8GB RAM?
2) Also regarding the Motherboard in one of the websites it say the following so should i go for any other MB supporting 64 - bit:-
"Due to a Windows 32-bit Operating System Limitation, When More than 4 GB of Physical Memory is Installed, the Actual Memory Size Displayed will be Less than the Size of the Physical Memory Installed."
3) Also the Graphics Card "Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5" should I invest a bit more and go for 960 or this Card is enough for playing the games that are going to be released in future.

Please advise.

1) The cheapest PSU and cabinet has been suggested already. Dont ever compromise on the PSU.Ok.
2) All latest MB's support both 32bit or 64bit OS's.Ok.

The above sentence means 32bit OS supports only 4GB ram whereas 64bit OS supports more than 32GB ram.Ok.

If you can add another 20k then you can add these:

Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4GB 1600 MHz -2700,
Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB -17300.
TOTAL -20k

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Please advise.

Get that mobo only and install the 64 bit version of windows and not the 32 bit :lol:

baban4u

Broken In

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.

Going by the prices Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5- Rs 11000 and Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB -17300 so is there any Graphics Card in the middle range that is good?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.

Going by the prices Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5- Rs 11000 and Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB -17300 so is there any Graphics Card in the middle range that is good?

Sapphire R9 270x 2GB -14800.
Link:Sapphire AMD/ATI Dual-X R9 270X 2GB Graphics Card - Buy Graphics Card Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

This isn't a buying advice thread. Create a new thread in appropriate section.

baban4u

Broken In

Sapphire R9 270x 2GB -14800.
Link:Sapphire AMD/ATI Dual-X R9 270X 2GB Graphics Card - Buy Graphics Card Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

Thank you sir for the suggestions.

Can anybody please suggest any Store in Kolkata where i can get these Config at good price?

Top Bottom