PC ~17-20k for playing FIFA and other daily tasks

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Hey!
My cousin is looking forward to buying a PC that can handle FIFA 14 at high settings and other games at medium settings(no AA, AF, required). Other than that he'll be using it for browsing the internet, using office apps, watching HD movies, etc. Nothing too taxing..

Also, there should be some upgrade path so that the system is capable of playing more demanding games in the future.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: FIFA 14, FIFA 13, Batman AA, AC, Assassin's Creed Franchise.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 17-20k.. lesser the better

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, 18.5" - 1366x768

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard / Mouse, Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will build the same.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Will buy from local market (Lucknow), Open to buying stuff online, Open to buying a second hand GPU/CPU/Mobo

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Ram should be dual channel.. 2 sticks of say 2gb, will add/upgrade a/to a mid range graphics card next summer. Would like both Intel and AMD options.

Thanks!

If you will be getting a graphc card later, the an Intel cpu will be better suited as it's IGP is perfectly enough for gaming in the meantime.

i3 3220 (7300)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2600)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
Corsair CX430v2 (2700)
local cabinet (1000)
Logitech MK200 (800)

total: ~23k.

Top Bottom