Partition required in Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i want to install win vista but none of the drives i have shows it's compatible with it.i have a primary partition which is only 2gb so maybe i need to extend it.plz suggest any way to extend it or convert my logical drive into a primary partition.

For installing Windows Vista, the partition must have atleast 10 GB of free space, a typical install will take 7-7.5 GB and if you install software like Visual Studio 2008, it will eatup this space very fast. I recommend you to install Vista on a partition with 15GB or more free space for working practically on it.

To convert your logical partition into primary, you'll have to delete and recreate the partition,as far as i know. Also, logical drives are not created directly. They are created on a Secondary Partition, so you'll have to first delete all the logical drives, and then remove the Secondary partition. After that you'll be able to create a primary one.

One question, why do you think you need a primary partition? Its not required to install Vista. Your partitions must not be having enough free space which is causing them to be incompatible with Vista install.

vishald

Broken In
Please right click on my computer and select manage. Select disc management. Here you can create a new partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom