Pakistan tour called off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
*www.rediff.com/cricket/2008/dec/18india-tour-of-pakistan-called-off.htm

*www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/12/18/sports/CRI-Pakistan-India-Reax.php

Serves them right after 26/11...what do you think?

red_devil

Back!
i never thought playing cricket would affect/ change any of the ground situation...

but i did hear about Pak board losing Rs 100 cr [ thats what a news channel said]

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Actually it is a good thing. For the first time we are seeing the face of a terrorist on CCTV footage, who is later apprehended and admits being a Pakistani, and who's father in Pakistan acknowledges that he is his son who ran away from home. All this is in international media, not just Indian media. The evidence is damming and make the Pakistani PM's comments yesterday that there is no proof sound like a BIG JOKE.

How can we play anything with such a country? It's crazy.

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
cricket is just a sport !!

it doesn't bridge any divides ( contrary to the opinions of Imran Khan n other Paki people) nor does it harm you if you end up playing....

cricket is a sport and a sport should be just that... not a medium to convey some political message !!

yes if security for the players in Pak is an issue, then the tour can be called off... not for any other reason !

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
well, this tour shouldn't be called off.........infact, venue can be changed to some neutral location...:!:
If u see, the terrorists wanted that the relationship of Ind-Pak can't go further and actually this is happening.The Indo-Pak relationship is going through the worst tym.:-x

I am not saying that we maintain a relationship with them. But yes, being a cricket fan I wanted to see india beating Pakistan by 5-0. And i am sure that if the series would happened the result will be a 5-0 win over pakistan.Then this would be our best win without a war...!! :D

anispace

dattebayo
^^
Have a look at the situation. The Pakistan Govt is backtracking on every statement they make. They are still not convinced that Kasab is a Pakistani citizen. In such a scenario going over to Pakistan and playing cricket like everythings normal is plain stupid. Yeah cricket is just a game, but what about the people who lost their relatives in the terror attacks.

Unless Pakistan takes serious action against those terror camps let them suffer. None of the other countries want to tour Pak anyway.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
I just love the fact that PCB is loosing loads of money due to this canceling. I am sure some of the booty from PCB earnings must be going to those "special funds"

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Its a very good move..*www.msgking.com/images/emoticons/smileys/smileys126.gif

We should cut off every relation with Pak until they terminate the terror camps..India should also try to cut off Pak from the world community !!!
Boycott the bas*ards !!

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^
Have a look at the situation. The Pakistan Govt is backtracking on every statement they make. They are still not convinced that Kasab is a Pakistani citizen. In such a scenario going over to Pakistan and playing cricket like everythings normal is plain stupid. Yeah cricket is just a game, but what about the people who lost their relatives in the terror attacks.

Unless Pakistan takes serious action against those terror camps let them suffer. None of the other countries want to tour Pak anyway.

The Paki govt is still making contradicting statements. :mad: A few examples:
i) Decided to send ISI chief to India, but backed out
ii) Masood Azhar, linked to LeT was previously mentioned to be under house arrest, but now they tell they do not know where he is, perhaps he is not in Pakistan even.
iii) JuD was mentioned to be completely banned, property sealed and bank accounts freezed, but now we are told that they are not completely banned...:mad:

Just saw this compilation in yesterday's news. The Indian govt has every right to cancel the tour. Who will guarantee the safety of our players, after all?? And comments of a certain Imran Khan, Rameez Raza, Shahid Afridi that terrorism ultimately won will have no effect. The other cricketing nations are also reluctant to tour Pakistan.

Infact, the world govts should not maintain any form of relation with the Pakis unless we see proof of active steps taken by them against terrorism.:mad:

axxo

99.9% Idle
Its a very good move..*www.msgking.com/images/emoticons/smileys/smileys126.gif

We should cut off every relation with Pak until they terminate the terror camps..India should also try to cut off Pak from the world community !!!
Boycott the bas*ards !!

exactly...if not all the evidence we say would become as if they are false and compiled.
Not now even in future we shouldnt play against pakis. Let them lose all their moneys and close the board.

red_devil

Back!
guys, get over this cricket-politics things...

today the govt. says NO to tour PAK ... a few months (or a year or so ) later the govt. says that they'll send a team to pak as a CONFIDENCE BUILDING MEASURE...

this is the same old tricks...nothings gonna change on the ground....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom