Package to CD for openoffice impress

Status
Not open for further replies.

psimha

Right off the assembly line
Does anyone know how to make a pack and go /Package to CD equivalent for open office Impress ?
Prasanna

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Do you mean to say you want a portable version of Impress ?

Try Portable OpenOffice.. If that what you mean by your question.

OP
P

psimha

No,
I meant a Pack and Go feature that allows you to pack all videos,files and attachments into one folder with its associations etc thus allowing you to play that CD on any machine without recreating the file associations. This becomes very important when you include video clips in your presentations. This is different requirement compared to portable Impress or even the powerpoint viewer.

OP
P

psimha

No the thing is not about a player. The issue is redirection to the particular file containing the video - ie the file association that has to be made. All videos, pictures, large sound files etc need to be associated to the particular slide. This is automatically done by Pack and Go in MS Office but is not done in Open office. If the drive letter changes (for eg different number of partitions causes the CD drive value to change the video will not open automatically and has to be searched and opened manually if Pack and Go is not used.This becomes disturbing in the middle of a presentation.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
you can try Geexbox. with this you can include any adio,video codecs and runs strictly from the live cd. G here *geexbox.org/en/index.html

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What he wants is to embeed media and stuff along with the office document and carry it along and maybe present it on a windows computer.
psimha if you can just carry around the presentation in a bootable live cd or USB drive.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Oh.. Ok. Then as he said above use a lived ( maybe slow if this a professional presentation so I don`t recommmend this) Usb should be just fine.. Maybe use Portable OpenOffice so you need not depend on what office suite is there in the comp you are going to use.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well vignesh but then does Oo.org use relative paths when linking to files? If yes then psimha can keep all the required files in one directory and it will work. If absolute path is preserved, it may become difficult to create same situatation in a new computer if using Oo.org portable.

OP
P

psimha

It is an accepted feature in microsoft office. What it does is collect all relevant files, creates file associations etcetc and finally you can unpack it to one CD /Folder in a USB drive with a viewer. Now you can present it anywere. The thing is that it actually doesn't "embed" the videos but links it in to the unpacked folder itself allowing it to play on any windows computer.
Prasanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom