P5GD1-VM to ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
I have a P5GD1-VM mobo coupled with a P4 2.8GHz Processor. There are some issues with the MOBO and my service guy has agreed to replace the MOBO....

Please let me know any MOBO that has better features than the present one....

Please note that this is not the Original Asus MOBO, but an OEM one by PCS.
Major difference being : Only One IDE Slot instead of the original two, which is in the ASUS Branded Mobo.

Waiting for your replies guys........

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
How about this one: *in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=184&model=493&modelmenu=1

But when the company replaces a faulty product it gives u the exact same stuff or equivalent. So r u getting the same product or as per ur choice with extra cost.

Anyhow go here and see different socket 775 compatible mobo: *in.asus.com/products2.aspx?l1=3&l2=11

If u r getting a new one then please give ur budget.

Last edited:
OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Thanks for the Reply Dude.....

I bought the Mobo from a Dealer whom I know well....

I bought the Mobo for 4K and he has promised me to change the mobo. I can go for a better at some extra cost, but don't plan on spending more than 1 to 1.5k for this....

Please advice...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well u could get this asus board (P5GL-MX) for around 4-4.5K, see details here : *in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=195&model=538&modelmenu=1

OR

else get an intel D101GGC for around 4-5K, for details see this: *www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d101ggc/index.htm

I have not used these mobo, so please read review regarding them.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
See in terms of performance and stability both ASUS and INTEL are good, but one of the advantage intel mobo has is that it supports the "D" series processor. Means u can always upgrade to a Dual core proccy, also it has high definition onboard audio and integrated ATI video controller (better than the Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 900 which the ASUS mobo has).

So I would prefer INTEL over ASUS, in this case.

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Hi Again....

I got my Mobo Changed to Gigabyte GA-8I915ME-C...

Lemme know if it is worth the money........

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Nothing..... Just got it replaced..... And Yup.... It supports AGP (Branded as GEAR by Gigabyte.. Not really sure what that means)... And a PCI X16 slot... Neat layout. But only two SATA Connectors and One PATA Connector (Enough for my use, since I have got a 200 GB SATA HDD.) .

But, One issue is it has the 910 Chipset... is it as good as 915 or should I get it changed again?

I paid more the first time... So I wanna make sure that I get the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom