Oye! Virus !! I really you peoples help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
Especially for Digit Tech Guys And pro people
Hi Please help me
I have Comp P3 700 Mhz with OS - XP & 98 ,intel 810 , GPRS net connection ,
I think my computer is badly infected with virus , I observed the following
1. every 10-50 minutes my computer hangs .
2. whenever I open trillian my computer hangs .
3. when I install Norton or any other antivirus it does not Run properly .my system turns dead slow even a click responds after 2-3 minutes then I go to 98 and reinstall Xp after deleting windows and program files folders.But the problem presists .
4. A message appears "LSA Shell(export version) has encountered ...then the system restarts in a minute { the same "ques of the month" in Digit ) i downloaded the patch but it`s not opening .nor the sites opening.

Ok so i thought thati shall boot my PC .To do so when comp. starts i pressed delete and went to the dos mode then changed first boot device to CDROM but even when i insert the OS Cd`s ( both XP and 98)
the screen shows:

searching for boot record CD rom .....not found
searching for boot record IDE 0 ...ok

then loads the previous installation

now please tell me something or is my computer "takk".....gone!!!
I have both XP & 98 installation CD`s

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
most probably ur pc is infected by the sasser worm
download the sasser removal tool from *securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.removal.tool.html

download the fix from *download.microsoft.com/download/1/...9df4-a0cd2873e3c5/Windows-KB841720-ENU-V4.exe

maybe the files required for booting are in a folder on the cd...that cud be the reason for not booting. try the windows 98 startup-floppy to go to the folder containing setup.exe and load win98

u can install xp later from windows 98

hope this helps :)

sohummisra

Broken In
Yeah the sasser worm has similar symptoms. it affected our whole school (wireless) network once and all the comptuers were shutting down like flies. the solution was to download a sasser fix (you can find one from your antivirus vendor) and to update with the windows xp security patch (forgot which one). good luck.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well forget teh virus for a while
BUT OYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont cross post DUDE

hafees

In the zone
when the computer slows down press CTRL + ALT + DEL to bring the task manager. in the processes Tab you may see a process with the name "avserve32" or similar. Just terminate the process. the system will be faster after that (Yeah!!! until the next attack :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom