own number sending!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
is it possible 2 call som1 who will not b able 2 c my no??? well actually i wanna play a prank on my sis... by sending hera sms which wil not show my no.. instead somone else' number???

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
well, there might be a way to send anonymus sms, but i think it's not the case with calls. i've seen my frnds send mails to me from any email id's (even bill@microsoft.com or admin@yahoo/msn/gmail.com)

just make sure that the person u r giving fake calls/sms does not report this to police.. coz i dont think this is entirely legal
Harsh(the timebomb maker) in the movie jism said:
Gunaah Karne Ke Sau Tareeke Hote Hai
Magar Pakde Jaaneke Ek-Sau-Ek.... Gunaah Karneka...Karneka Lekin Pakde Nahin Jaane Ka
Pakda Gaya Toh Gunaagar
Nahin Pakda Gaya Toh Saukar.

abhishek_734

Broken In
it is possible to call someone without letting him know your no. his phone will display "no number " or "restricted number".for some service provider it is enabled by default.u have to use your phone feature or find out the special code which you can prefix and call that no. for some other service providers like reliance it is not enabled by default,u have to call customercare to activate this feature .for rim this code is *314.u can prefix this code before any no. and call that no. hiding your own no. it works only after this facility is activated.

selva1966

Journeyman
Some private service providers used to give this facility but few months back I think Government of India banned it for security reasons (terrorism). So none of the companies in India should give this facility now.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i called up reliance cust care and they told me they are not providing this service at present :9 .. it is called CLIR btw which means CALLER LINE IDENTIFICATION RESTRICTION.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Ya ... CALLER LINE IDENTIFICATION RESTRICTION

It is the opposite of popular facility we all know Caller ID
mere ghar pe caller id hai... mujhe pata chal gaya He He

Actually its..Technical name is CLIP i.e. CALLER LINE IDENTIFICATION PRESENTATION

You can find this in many nokia phones
menu>setting>network setting

CLIR is from the network provider side

But as "selva1966" said It is not available in India..

Inquired from the AirTel !!!!

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
tx guyz!!!]
but is there ne opt in case of sms???

and hw is the email id thing possible??? need 2 do somyhin with DNS???

DUN KNO...

NE tx for the info!

techiways

Broken In
It is possible to sms a person from the web anonymously. It is also possible to customize the sender's number or name field. You need a SMS gateway inorder to have such features . Heared that some web2sms providers offer such services for a premium rate. Try googlin . . whatever it is, this is illegal and not to be used inside india

bharathbala2003

why need title?
airtel used to offer private number calling.. but not anymore due to security reasons.. if u wanna send anano. msgs log on to some website like spicesms.com and msg the mob :wink:

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
@ gdatuk... i am not trying to make a point here :p
i am just showing the possiblity

.EDIT: discussing the way of doing it is against the forum rules

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
club_pranay
i dont understand yaara...he is asking how to block own number sending and ur showing a gmail page..pl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom