Overheated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saketkutta

Broken In
I recently bought a atx power supply which may not be supported on my pc as i used to have a at power supply
After buying that I have two problem
1. (simple one) since this is atx power supply the power should be automatically cut off after shutting down the PC but it does not happen i need to push the power button again to turn it off (Well since it is a AT casing i have used RESET button as power switch)

2. (MAJOR PROB) While playing COMMANDOS STRIKE FORCE the screen shows BSOD sometimes while loading and sometimes while playing
As I felt the heat in the GPU the Heat Sink is HOT and the PCB board where all those electric stuffs are mounted is also heated and the kind of steel plate by which we screw the CARDS to CASE is also HEATED.
In BSOD the error shows nv4_sh.dll(forgot real name of the file but its same as that) has performed an error
So is it prob with the GPU or the new Power Supply i bought

My computer conf. is Pentium 3 600 MHz (slot edition)
and the GFX card is Geforce 2 MX 400
and is there anyway i can find the temperature of my GPU. and also my mother board doesnt support temp of CPU

Another ques HOW TO UPDATE THE BIOS of MOTHERBOARD as well as GRAPHICS CARD
Help me
Thank you

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
1>Thats coz the switch on the cabinet is a michanical switch.......while it should be an electronic one..
I don't think u will be able to check the temp of the CPU till u get a temp sensor

to update the bios go to the company's website and get the file and flash the bios....thats...it...

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
to get bios of my videocard i need to go to nvidia.com??
and one prob When i try to delete system volume information folder on drive d: it says access denied and i cant even open the folder? why

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
saketkutta said:
to get bios of my videocard i need to go to nvidia.com??
and one prob When i try to delete system volume information folder on drive d: it says access denied and i cant even open the folder? why

Yep u will get the BIOS at www.nvidia.com

Actually system volume information is a system folder and should not deleted
thats the System Restore folder.........Why do u want to remove it?Is it coz its very big in size?Then turn off system restore
Right Click on My Computer----------->Properties------------>System Restore (TAB)------------>Turn off system restore in all drives.....

khansdream

Journeyman
For your first query..................!!!! As your computer configuration is PIII and you are using ATX cabinet. You need to do a little setting in BIOS to shut your computer down automatically.

Just goto the setup and look for Power option and will find the solution.

For another queries, guys have already given u solutions.

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
well i went to power options but theres noting like tht
and i didnt get bios update for gfx card as well as motherboard
thnx for ur help though
and one more ques which card is better 7800 or 7900(i just want to no it)

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
and i tried to delete the system restore folder even after turning it off but i cant
i cant even open it
it says access denied

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
saketkutta said:
and i tried to delete the system restore folder even after turning it off but i cant
i cant even open it
it says access denied

U cannot delete the folder....anyways if u have disabled system restore the folder will be 0 bytes or somethin..

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
samrulez said:
U cannot delete the folder....anyways if u have disabled system restore the folder will be 0 bytes or somethin..

well it shows o bytes and i cant even open it
bu when i select all folder and files including hidden except system volume information and check their size its 3.39 or smting but whn i check tht partition used space is about 3.45 my drive is only of 6gb and its using abt 600 mb and its a ntfs drive so i cant even delete frm DOS.
how can i gain my 600mb
and about my bsod when i replaced 81.98 with 61.77 the comp is fine no BSOD's
but plz help me to delete tht folder

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Well usually when u turn off system restore it deletes all the files.....................But check the page file.....try re-installing XP in FAT32 file system...then u could remove the folder from dos..

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
well isnt there any programs tht can delete the folder???
and how to no if my graphics card is overheated or not??

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
saketkutta said:
well isnt there any programs tht can delete the folder???
and how to no if my graphics card is overheated or not??

No in my system also i cannot delete the folder........

If the graphics card has a temp censor it will be shown on Nvidia display settings..

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
well can u open it??
coz i have c and d drive c is where i have installed windows and is fat 32
and i have probs in d as files inside c can be deleted but the folder in d i cant even open it it says access denied and its ntfs too...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
saketkutta said:
well can u open it??
coz i have c and d drive c is where i have installed windows and is fat 32
and i have probs in d as files inside c can be deleted but the folder in d i cant even open it it says access denied and its ntfs too...

No in a NTFS drive u cannot open it but in a FAT32 u can.....

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
saketkutta said:
are u sure??
then ill have to use norton partion magic to convert it

Yep I am 10000000% sure......I hope u have not installed ur OS on that drive or else u will have to re instal ur OS also..

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I think think the correct error you are getting is nv4_disp.dll error.
And sometimes also PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA should occur.
This is common error for onld nvidia cards.Reasons
1) You have to disable Anti-virus when you instal the drivers for the Card.
2) Your Drivers are old and possibly currupted.
3) Install the latest Drivers.
4) Over heating is not the cause so really forget it.Dont simply update the Bios coz on older boards there is no fail-safe mechanism and if your bios update fails you are stuck with damaged board.
5) Update Direct X to 9 c
6) Change the Virtual Drive of harddisk to other Location.
This will help you in getting rid of that error.

OP
S

saketkutta

Broken In
thx gys
well bsod ended with a old driver a driver change 61.77
and i have not cnverted my drive. too bg playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom