Overcoming administrator restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
I am accessing net from my college.Recently,our admin denied access to greeting card sites like 123greetings.com
Is it possible to bypass these restrictions by any means?
Plz help...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The simplest way to overcome this is to go to this page:
*www.space.net.au/~thomas/quickbrowse.html

and then use any of the anonymous browsing tools to bypass the restrictions in effect. If this doesn't work, I will let you know of another way. Lets try the simplest way out first.

OP
whoopy_whale

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Thanx enoonmai,
It works pretty well with Guardster.

Plz tell me about the anonymizing browsing tools too.I tried to install one but couldn't finish bcoz it can be installed only from an admin account.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, unfortunately, installing programs may have been disabled for your account and since most anonymous browsing tools make changes to your browser in slight ways, like adding an extra menu item, etc. they may not install without administrator rights. I am yet to come across a program that allows a limited user to install it, but if I do come across one, I will let you know. Bypassing administrator software restriction policies without permission isn't particularly safe or correct. If this works, continue to use it. Why complicate things further, plus this way you dont really leave much of a trace or do anything that will get you into trouble.

OP
whoopy_whale

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
I think you are right.After all I just want to access some blocked greetings sites and with your help,it's possible now.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
if you can consider http-tunneling as a anonymization tool then there is one which does not require for you to do any sort of installation. All it needs is JVM to be installed and it is available for free. Its called your-freedom (google it).

OP
whoopy_whale

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
For some unknown reason,behidden.com doesn't seemed to be working.It was very slow,I just entered the URL and waited but the page never showed up.

idzap.com doesn't suit me.I registered for the free anonymous browsing service.When I tried to access 123greetings.com,I got the familiar message(the usual one)
Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Generated Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:32:51 GMT by dvbserver (squid/2.5.STABLE1)
The URL was modified as *fr0.idzap.com/)d1(123greetings.com/)a1(WWSZU/*123greetings.com
I guess that's the trouble.The name 123greetings.com is right there in the modified URL too.
Guardster is better.
The URL 123greetings.com is modified as *proxy.guardster.com/cgi-bin/nph-pr...02f7777772e3132336772656574696e67732e636f6d2f
So it works perfect for me.Unlike some other services where the images are blocked,this one works with out any trouble(so far)

blacklight

Journeyman
well i too use behidden and it works..my guess is ur admin could have blocked access to the behidden site itself.since guardster works fine,u culd continue with it.but make sure ur admin doesn't know abt it :)

godsownman

Padawan
enoonmai said:
The simplest way to overcome this is to go to this page:
*www.space.net.au/~thomas/quickbrowse.html

and then use any of the anonymous browsing tools to bypass the restrictions in effect. If this doesn't work, I will let you know of another way. Lets try the simplest way out first.

I can access the site but my admin has blocked the content that is received from these sites.

@ Enoonmai can you please tell me the 2nd way to access this.I cant access " * " based sites which i need to access.

It opens all others except * sites

I cant access through the link you provided .

Please help .

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The second method is to use HTTP Tunneling with your-freedom, like icecoolz suggested. Download the program from here:
*www.download.com/Your-Freedom/3000-2381_4-10368502.html
and install it to bypass admin restrictions. Next, register at their site at:
*www.your-freedom.net
and you will be able to bypass admin restrictions and browse secure HTTPS sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom