Overclocking XFX GeForce 6800GT HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj14

In Deniel
Hello, my friend just brought a XFX GeForce 6800GT, he wants to overclock it. I don't have any previous expierence with XFX graphic cards so i am Unable to help him. He's a Newbie in Overclocking and he doesn't want to use a seprate cooler. He wants to push the limits with the stock cooler. The card is clocked at 350MHz core and 1GHz memory. Is it possible to OC the card at 400MHz and 1GHz(With the stock cooler)? Please help me he's Eating my brain! I don't have anyone else to turn to! If da card blows up i am a DEADMAN!

theraven

Technomancer
overclockin is a dangerous proposition
theres no guarantee
any overclockin that needs to be done is and should be done in steps
say steps of 2 mhz in the case of gpu's
the amt overclockable depends on the company/model as well as that specific card
so no limit can be set
ull just have to run GPU score software and some games
if the comp hangs reduce ur core freq
if texture seems to be tearing lower ram freq
do not mess with boltage as a novice. .. ull land up frying ur card for sure

OP
raj14

raj14

In Deniel
Well... To tell the truth it didn't help much; instead it Scared the Beezees out of me! He want's me to overclock the card! GASP! How about the Detect Maxiumum Setting thingi?I have a Gainward 2400/Ultra GeForce 6800GT it runs At 419core 1130MHz memory! But don't know much about XFX cards. Today i overclocked it to 360MHz(core) a 10MHz increase! ran MOH:pA demo. For 1 hour, 3d Mark 2001 for 6 times! Tomarrow i will OC more.

OP
raj14

raj14

In Deniel
With STOCK cooler? Impossible! These cards already have Extremely FAST memory 1GHz, more than Enough for Most games; the trick is to Increase Core without Increasing memory à lá increase To 405core, the Card Lacks a Copper Cooler. My cards has DUAL fans thats why i OC to Insane Speeds!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
raj14 said:
With STOCK cooler? Impossible! These cards already have Extremely FAST memory 1GHz, more than Enough for Most games; the trick is to Increase Core without Increasing memory à lá increase To 405core, the Card Lacks a Copper Cooler. My cards has DUAL fans thats why i OC to Insane Speeds!

Why so? the RAM is GDDR3,it can easily go up.I dont see any problem.anyways, i am getting my card today, will test it and let you know. :wink:

OP
raj14

raj14

In Deniel
You mean ur gonna PUT a GeForce 6800GT on a i810 motherboard? No offence but i have to confess: thats' the MOST stupidest thing i've EVER HEARD! And i810 motherboards don't even Come with a AGP slot Dude, Who are u fooling?Everbody here is a GEEK!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Thats my second PC,that i have in my sig.Can't i have 2 PCs? :wink:

Chill out dude.

Everbody here is a GEEK!

good joke. :lol:

Anyways.I will let you know when i use it.Also mine is a PCi-Express one from XFX. :wink:

OP
raj14

raj14

In Deniel
Offcourse you can have 2 PCs, i my self have 2 PCs one is based on Socket 478 Intel 3.06GHz(32-Bit), 2nd one is An Socket 754 AMD 64 3200+ 2.2GHz(64Bit). Anyways I got 40FPS in UT2004@1600x1200 with 16x AF and 8xAA(Max Quality) how much did u got?

funkymonkey

Journeyman
hey buddy.
My XFX 6800GT does 425/1150 on stock cooler. 71C full load.
And i use simple coolbits to do that.
Remember not all cards are same and not every card will overclock to these speeds.
The method of overclocking is same for all nvidia cards.
i have written a guide a while ago at guru3d.
Here is the link for it.
*forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74787

darklord

Cyborg Agent
raj14 said:
Offcourse you can have 2 PCs, i my self have 2 PCs one is based on Socket 478 Intel 3.06GHz(32-Bit), 2nd one is An Socket 754 AMD 64 3200+ 2.2GHz(64Bit). Anyways I got 40FPS in UT2004@1600x1200 with 16x AF and 8xAA(Max Quality) how much did u got?

I didnt test in UT but here are some of my scores-

3Dmark2003 - 20k+
3DMark2005 - 9k+
:twisted:
Good Enough? :wink:

Here is a link for proof, :lol:

XFX Geforce 6800GT Scores

OP
raj14

raj14

In Deniel
You Are My GOD! You are the Most Luckiest Human being In The Galaxy! I am your Servant I will obey your commands, i will kiss your, you know what, i will do whatever you want! oh Almighty I Salute you, Please Forgive me if i did something wrong; I am just a Pathetic Human being. From The Bottom Of my heart God BLESS you. Namaste

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hey Raj,
Come on man.Dont be so formal.You are making me uncomfortable.

Cool it man.

Let there be peace. :wink:

OP
raj14

raj14

In Deniel
Sir, am i making you uncomfortable? I am sorry sir; i am just 'Another Human Being', i can't even be Compared to you, i mean Aap. Sir, Aap toh duniya ke sabse kushnasib logo me se hai, Sabke paas NVIDIA SLI Nahin hota hai sir. I mean you will be able to play Doom3 @1600x1200, 16x AF and 8x AA in Ultra Quality! aap so lucky hai.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
raj14 said:
Sir, am i making you uncomfortable? I am sorry sir; i am just 'Another Human Being', i can't even be Compared to you, i mean Aap. Sir, Aap toh duniya ke sabse kushnasib logo me se hai, Sabke paas NVIDIA SLI Nahin hota hai sir. I mean you will be able to play Doom3 @1600x1200, 16x AF and 8x AA in Ultra Quality! aap so lucky hai.

Arre yaar, mujhe sharmindaa mat karo.
Maine koi bada kaam nahi kiya hai.

And please stop calling me sir,i dont like it.
You can call me darky,that would make me happy. :wink:

OP
raj14

raj14

In Deniel
Darky Sir, aap ne itna Bada kaam kiya hai! Aap ke paas Nvidia SLI hai! even Digit Dudes don't have SLI! What kind of Motherboard are you using? I want to buy it! Please give me their contact number/Email. PS: DarkLord, cool name!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hehehehe raj14 man u r in a frenzy. Take a chill pill and chill. Hey darky I'm gonna visit u when u get free time. Pls man coz I never saw a AGP card anywhere else except ur pc :lol: (The first 1 ur 9800 PRO) whatever wanted to c the effects of ur SLI board and that dual cards so pls let me know when u get some time off ur busy schedule.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
That's it ...I'm visiting his home ...Please Darkloard Allow me to enter your home and Prepare for some Pepsi. Yes i will rather be uninvited guest that not being able to see this sytem At All..
Where do you Live in Pune !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom