Over voltage bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

uday56

Broken In
Hi Friends

I've a dual operating systems installed in my hard disk Windows Xp and Vista

when ever I restart my system from vista I can see a message at bios saying cpu over voltage press f1 to continue, I have AMD athlon3000+ and asus k8vmx mother board, plz help me out

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
If u choose vista, then how come the message from bios appear? Is it BSOD?
Or just appears after post. Does OS selection appear?
And does it happen in Vista only? Have u tried safe mode?
And is there ny warranty left for proccy nd mobo?

I think this is ur second thread for this. Sory u didn't get a solution for the last[same]. But u just need to bump that post, new thread was not necessary.

V

vaibhavtek

wrong section. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/realmad.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/chris23.gif

OP
U

uday56

Broken In
sorry guys ! I'm very new to this forum!!

and is there any process to change this thread in appropriate section

:cry:

shantanu

Technomancer
thread moved.. you can always ask someone or PM any mods to ask in which section you should post..

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
most probably because of the advanced power management features of vista that manipulate cpu parameters. you mobo might not be able to reset the cpu params properly on a soft restart(like restart from vista)

you can try->
1. update ur bios
2. under vista you can try exploring the options at control panel>click change plan settings under ur selection>click change advanced power settings>scroll to Processor power management and set both minimum and maximum at 100%
3. under bios go to ur cpu paramenters page and choose standard values for everything or try resetting to default settings.
4. update to the latest motherboard drivers for vista

@everyone else - guys comeon. either post relevent stuff or not at all. there are already a overflow of idiot(read useless) bits on the net :)

Last edited:
OP
U

uday56

Broken In
Thanks Roller coaster changing power settings worked

But will there be any effect on my processor or mobo

once again thanks for helping me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom