OS Problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8terboi

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone..I am new to this forum. My problem is that, my Operating System Crashes every 1 week. I don’t know the exact problem. At the beginning, it will work quite nicely, but as the time goes on, the system slows down and eventually crashes... I am unable to Boot into through CD Rom as well. The CD Drive gets detected with some other name (like, Mine is Samsung, It displays as wamtung Cd drive detected at the right corner of the task bar. I thought this is a Ram problem and replaced it with a new 512 MB Ram. But, it just stays same as before.
Also, I hear some sounds from my Seagate HDD 160 GB. There are some Holes formed at the back side of the Hdd where there are some Circuits. Is it the problem with my Hdd?? Or Mother Board??

Please tell me.. I am sick of my computer right now...

drsubhadip

In the zone
ohhhhhhhhhhhh...
bad bad bad problem..
r u sure ur getting sound from ur hdd? is it coming from mother board or from some where else?
what type of sound?
how many beep?
well u can try any live cd of linux to check ur computer..as digit this month gave away mandriva linux free 2008..
so enjoy..

oh..
bye the way which os ur using?

Last edited:
OP
S

sk8terboi

yeah it's coming from Hard disk. not beeps.. some kind of tic tac sound...

My Os is Windows Xp

Last edited:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
hdd gone worst due to several formats.
remember, formatting hdd many times makes system performance worst.

better option backup you data asap & go for brand new hdd.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
it is not a problem with your hard disk.
you need to format your system and a fresh install.
After a long use chances of system crash inceases for the following reasons:
virus, careless use of system, wrong methods of software uninstallation etc.
it will sure after a fresh install your system in a good performance.
before formatting must note all your driver name and version.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
it is not a problem with your hard disk.
you need to format your system and a fresh install.
After a long use chances of system crash inceases for the following reasons:
virus, careless use of system, wrong methods of software uninstallation etc.
it will sure after a fresh install your system in a good performance.
before formatting must note all your driver name and version.

he says, his os crashes every week. this means he formats his hdd once a week. buddy formatting hdd several times effects sytem performance...i believ in it.:)

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
First of all there's definitely some problem in ur HDD as HDD are not made to produce sounds in any stage of system development..so i would suggest u that go and replace it if it is still in warranty...and make a back up of ur data..

and as after every week ur pc goes slow, Reason may be:
1. problem with corrupt installation of OS..
2. virus..
i hope u know what to do in both case..

i would recommend u that do not install ur OS with ur CD ROM..as it is not working properly..use frnds cd rom..and after that check ur cd rom..if u can update ur cd rom firmware then well n good..it might solve ur problem...

Flake

Linux User
he says, his os crashes every week. this means he formats his hdd once a week. buddy formatting hdd several times effects sytem performance...i believ in it.:)

Its not a hardware problem. I usually format partitions in Test rig at regular intervals, every 15 days or so. Its working fine for last one year. Formatting HD again and again does create a few problems but I dont think Thread Starter has formatted HD 50 times till now. It must be a Software problem. Regrading Sound coming from HD, you should contact your Hard Disk vendor. Something is wrong with HD but I am sure it is not coz of formatting. ;)

OP
S

sk8terboi

Actually, When i bought my new system, 4 yrs back, i got a Samsung 80gb Hdd.It worked very well for about 3 yrs.and during the last 1 yr, i changed the Hdd 3 times...
I bought a new Seagate 80 gb one as my old sansung one got spoiled...i used it for a couple of months and then same problem occured.then i replaced it with 160gb seagate..it worked fine for 6 months or so, and then started behaving like this...

now, my doubt is ...Is it a problem of Seagate which is incompatible with my system or, some other problem?

I am pretty sure that, it is not because of wrong installation or uninstallation of Os or other software.either my CD Rom is missing some files or hdd ??

i also changed my Data bus.but to no good effect...

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually, When i bought my new system, 4 yrs back, i got a Samsung 80gb Hdd.It worked very well for about 3 yrs.and during the last 1 yr, i changed the Hdd 3 times...
I bought a new Seagate 80 gb one as my old sansung one got spoiled...i used it for a couple of months and then same problem occured.then i replaced it with 160gb seagate..it worked fine for 6 months or so, and then started behaving like this...

now, my doubt is ...Is it a problem of Seagate which is incompatible with my system or, some other problem?

I am pretty sure that, it is not because of wrong installation or uninstallation of Os or other software.either my CD Rom is missing some files or hdd ??

i also changed my Data bus.but to no good effect...

wht's ur config buddy???? check if your hdd is aligned properly, check screws too tight. It musn't create sound.

@ghost
it doesn't matter..whtever you do? but pal formatting hdd effects sytem performance, I faced the same problem..so, I am explaining the fact.

OP
S

sk8terboi

My processor is AMD Athlon Xp 2.0 Ghz,
Mother board ASRock with (km600/ kn400 ??? chipset...not sure), but some thing of that sort.
Hdd 160gb Seagate ATA cable,
Ram 512Mb DDR1 Dynet (new),
Need info about Fdd??:p
and CdRom not writer...my old one stopped working.LG sucks..:oops::oops::shock:
no Graphic card...:(

need anything more?

and btw, don't worry about tight screws, becasue my hdd always in plug and play condition... free of all screws...even my cpu cabinet is open always..

and also, does continuous running of computer for 1,2 days does effect the performance??or even cause any problems?

Last edited:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
How are maintaining ur comp, just sounds funny.

This means u haven't mount ur hdd......

Oops establish ur system properly....it will work fantastic. Regarding hdd....get new one & reinstall os.

Don't forget to maintain ur com properly i.e. Mount hdd, cdrom, & don't leave cabinet opened. . . . . . if ur system gets slightly hot. . . . .just add extra chasis fans.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Get this - *downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/graphics___multimedia/audio/music_files/breakdownsounds.zip

If any sound is similar to the one from your hard disk, give it for an exchange, or get a new one if not under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom