OS Installation Problem

prathamtawde

Broken In

Friends, Need your support, one more time.

I recently bought an Dell Inspiron N5010 Laptop (w/o Operating System) and I am trying to install Windows 7 (which again new) onto the Laptop but I'm unable to install the Windows.

The Windows DVD is working fine on my local machine but does not work on the Laptop. Also, the compatibility is not the issue.

The Error message is "Windows cannot install required files. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are avilable and restart the installation".:|

As per my understanding the System is not able to write on HDD. Request your support.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Are you sure, the installation media is fine? Try to copy the entire contents of DVD to another system in a folder.
Then report if any error occurs.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup, it looks like your media is corrupt.

I won't suggest to copy that DVD, rather download a fresh one. As you have the legit keys it won't be a problem. And download it from Microsoft's site.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ But I would have still preferred to try to copy the content to another system. This way I could be sure, if the DVD reader of my laptop isn't the culprit. And if it is, then it would stop me from hassle and wait to d/w a file of GBs!

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
^^ But I would have still preferred to try to copy the content to another system. This way I could be sure, if the DVD reader of my laptop isn't the culprit. And if it is, then it would stop me from hassle and wait to d/w a file of GBs!
Yeah. And it's not a question of piracy if he uses the files himself without giving to anyone.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@prathamtawde: I guess DOS is preinstalled in the laptop...
& to install windows 7 u have to do some changes in BIOS setting mainly in HDD settings...

Dewey

Right off the assembly line
I think the problem is with ur memory, i think that the file to be written on the HDD is not being written on ur memory(RAM) properly, and here the problem starts ...
and too check for ur BIOS settings and try different OS system, and ur laptop is new so i dont think there is any mess with ur hardware !!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Yeah, that seems to be a good idea, if the DVD drive have problems.
But only if, the OP has not being abducted by aliens after posting this problem, would he be able to try this :-D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
hdsk.23 said:
there is no need to wintoflash.. Microsoft has a official tool to make usb drive win7 installer!
Microsoft= Bloat

WintoFlash= Good use/ 5 mb only

BTW, you can do it without any software= Install Windows 7 Or Windows 8 From USB Drive/Pen Drive

Neuron

Electronic.
that does not work!!!
it didnt work for me, m$ sux

Installing Windows 7 from a pendrive is damn simple.Just copy the iso file into the pendrive.Use a utility like EasyBCD to make the pendrive bootable from the iso file.Keep the ctrl key pressed when the setup loads.A command prompt will appear.Then just close it and you are done.

doomgiver

Warframe
Installing Windows 7 from a pendrive is damn simple.Just copy the iso file into the pendrive.Use a utility like EasyBCD to make the pendrive bootable from the iso file.Keep the ctrl key pressed when the setup loads.A command prompt will appear.Then just close it and you are done.

i meant to say that the official windows usb installation method did not work for me, of course, i used the interwebz and found a better solution.

you just have to run usb boot creator, and put the contents of the iso file in the pen drive root. and then reboot, you are done!!! no messing with the command line at all.

i agree. m$=more bloatware than good.

Top Bottom