Original Games vs Pirated Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
As we all know gaming is booming in the Indian market, even though console gaming is getting quite popular, PC gaming is still dominant.
Consoles cost in the range 15-20k, and a decent gaming rig/laptop cost anywhere between 45-65k. but then comes the gaming titles, most console games cost anywhere between 1.5-3k, and PC titles start as low as Rs250 and can go upto 3k.
The fact is that most PC games are way cheaper than their console counterparts. but even then piracy prevails.
PC games are way cheaper in India, than in the US/Europe/Far East, I can't say the same for console games.
I'd like to list out some pros and cons of original games:

PROS:-
* Multiplayer Access
* Hassle free Installation
* Free Updates
* No bugs/viruses
* Free Goodies, such as posters, T-shirts etc
* DLC Packs

CONS:-
* Some game titles require an always ON internet connection. (that's quite a pain in the A**)
* Cost

There might be more pros and cons, I'd like to know your views and opinions on this topic.

samudragupta

Youngling
+1 for original games... look into the hard work put in by game developers... i purchase games even on my ios device... i probably spend around 1k on games every month...

yeah another food for spam.Everyone jump in!

Dear Ot such kind of topic has been opened before also and got closed.Please be advised that do a little bit research before posting.Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom