Negative Experience Ordered Xbox series X controller, received Xbox one controller.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
I ordered this from amazon.in on 22end. I received the product on 28th, but the controller was covered in dust and lacked the included double A batteries. I smelled something wrong, so I requested for a replacement.

Come replacement on 2end and the delivery boy checked my part of replacement from EVERY angle, and even called and sent photos of it to someone to make sure I was sending the correct product back. BUT, when I got the box, I noticed the controller in my replacement was xbox one controller instead, he said it ain't his reponsiblity and I should ask for a refund instead.

I filed for the refund, and I should probably receive it on on 7th. Thus it was an absolute nightmare, and at the end of the struggle I still don't have an controller. The product was amazon fufilled and from cloudtail, so I can but blame it all on amazon. I thought it was a fringe case, but seeing some posts on this thread it seems like COVID has shook amazon instead in a really bad way. I remember last year it took 2 days to receive such a product in fantastic condition.

On a tangent - But what really concerns me that, the alternatives are almost non-existent. Tell me a better place to buy the controller, there ain't such a place. Our government has ousted walmart, and flipkart, snapdeal and other e-commerce sites don't hold a stick to the behemoth that amazon is. For instance that same series X controller with usb C cable isn't even available on flipkart.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

Amazon rant.png

Same to you amazon, same to you. EXCEPT we can't even reject.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

Oh I forgot to add some Pictures. Don't someone feel no sympathy yet? :(

Attachments

• 500151300054_28393.jpg
    500151300054_28393.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 500158100710_27271.jpg
    500158100710_27271.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 173

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^We all are with you in this tough times.

I can understand the frustration. Order again from amazon but this time record a unboxing video since lots of fraud cases are coming nowadays even though seller is Cloudtail or Appario. But stick to amazon because only they have proper refund scheme which works.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

^We all are with you in this tough times.
Really appreciate it man.
I can understand the frustration. Order again from amazon but this time record a unboxing video since lots of fraud cases are coming nowadays even though seller is Cloudtail or Appario. But stick to amazon because only they have proper refund scheme which works.
Thanks! Would make sure to make a video, on hindsight it seems downright moronic that I did not do that in the first place! You are certainly right about the refund scheme too, amazon is really pimped up in that department. I would certainly now place the next order from amazon instead of alternatives like Gametheshop.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

So, yesterday the delivery boy came, and he asked his manager whether he should take the controller back, saying the controller looks old. The man there called someone higher up who refused to accept call for 10 minutes, making me late to somewhere I had to go, and then said no. When I asked to have a talk with his manager he blatantly refused.

This happened even though I opened the previous controller right infront of the delivery boy previously, and called amazon right at the exact time I got the obvious scam. Angry and frankly helpless I called amazon service, which firstly were not that concerned but when I informed them about the consumer forum, the service girl called her manager.

The "manager" said that the next time the delivery boy comes he would take the controller without asking anything, and I can but hope that. Though previously too I was assured by amazon that my return would be accepted without hassle.

The return is scheduled on 7th(how many more days it would take for this issue I wonder) and I would update you when the situation advances. Tired of this BS.

khalil1210

In the zone
Sorry that happened to you.

Did you leave a review stating that you received a wrong product?

Recently I received a echo product with broken box. When I gave 1 star rating, customer care people called me and gave a replacement.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

Sorry that happened to you.
Really appreciate it man.

Did you leave a review stating that you received a wrong product?

Recently I received a echo product with broken box. When I gave 1 star rating, customer care people called me and gave a replacement.
Yeah, I did leave a 1star rating, though it didn't helped at all. What @RumbaMon19 says seems the obvious reason. Amazon's policy of helping the customer out when its their own product and not giving a crap when its not, comes out to be shady and repulsive imo.

khalil1210

In the zone
Actually, that is amazon's own product, and they cant afford negative marking in India where people do read reviews and belive in VFM
Yeah but they do care about Fulfilled by Amazon branding also.

Attaching two screenshots of cloudtail seller feedback where a lower rating was striked out by amazon. May be they provided a refund or replacement and striked out the ratings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-04-18-11-32-827_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-04-18-11-32-827_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_2021-04-04-18-13-09-289_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-04-18-13-09-289_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 150
OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

Yeah but they do care about Fulfilled by Amazon branding also.

Attaching two screenshots of cloudtail seller feedback where a lower rating was striked out by amazon. May be they provided a refund or replacement and striked out the ratings.
My product is also fulfilled by amazon, though the review is not yet posted, so there is the possiblity that no amazon employee saw the review yet.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

Update: So, its 8th today (the date for return was 7th) and no delivery body came to take the controller back, called amazon again, they now say they changed the date to 9th now. Sigh.......

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Well sometime back, I ordered an NX800 cabinet and it came completely shattered. It was the first time I saw amazon's delivery being so crap. Fortunately I got the refund for it easily. Hope you do as well..

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Well sometime back, I ordered an NX800 cabinet and it came completely shattered. It was the first time I saw amazon's delivery being so crap. Fortunately I got the refund for it easily. Hope you do as well..
I have literally seen Amazon delivery guy dropping a packed box from the vehicle to the road. He was kicking it out from the vehicle until it dropped out. Then the delivery guy hopped out of the vehicle and kicked few more times to keep the package at the side of the road. Locked his vehicle, picked the package and proceeded to my building to deliver. It was the monitor I ordered :lol: Good thing the manufacturers do quite robust packaging for monitor so nothing happened to the it
No wonder your cabinet came shattered.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I have literally seen Amazon delivery guy dropping a packed box from the vehicle to the road. He was kicking it out from the vehicle until it dropped out. Then the delivery guy hopped out of the vehicle and kicked few more times to keep the package at the side of the road. Locked his vehicle, picked the package and proceeded to my building to deliver. It was the monitor I ordered :lol: Good thing the manufacturers do quite robust packaging for monitor so nothing happened to the it
Phew. How did you rate the delivery experience btw? :lol:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I grew paranoia for tempered glass cabinets after that.. I got plastic panel cabinet soon after deepcool dukase

Top Bottom