Oracle Certified Java Programmer Exam ? Some basic questions and doubts.

ritwick

Right off the assembly line
Hello Everyone,

I'm a Computer Science Engineering student (3rd year) with intermediate knowledge of Java.
I wish to take the "Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer -1Z0-803 " exam.
So please guide me through the following points :

1. How good is it for an CS engineering fresher ? And in terms of job-prospects ?
2. Are there any discount coupons for taking the exam at pearson vue centres at any time of the year ?
3. What are the best resources for taking this exam ? I mean books and other online resources.

Please guide me through this and i'll be thankful.
Thanks. :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Associate level certification doesn't matter.
To make a little bit difference, you need to complete the profession level certification.

OP
R

ritwick

Right off the assembly line
Associate level certification doesn't matter.
To make a little bit difference, you need to complete the profession level certification.

And to take the profession level certification, i need to complete the associate level certification.
And doesn't it matter even a little (coz i'll be mentioning it in my CV) ?
I'll be giving the exam next month, so i'm going in the right track right ??
Thanks for your response, anyway.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
there is no info. on their site about completing associate level certi. in order to appear for professional certi. exam. so guessing you can appear for professional exam directly. but as you said intermediate with Java so you might have to learn bit more about Java. sent you a PM for exam help. :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
And to take the profession level certification, i need to complete the associate level certification.
And doesn't it matter even a little (coz i'll be mentioning it in my CV) ?
I'll be giving the exam next month, so i'm going in the right track right ??
Thanks for your response, anyway.

It would be there in the CV and that's all.
You are going in the right track, and you have the scope to complete the professional level exam in future.
Good luck. :)

Top Bottom