Oplus Xonphone 5

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Hello, I'm back at Digit forum after a long long absence.

I'm thinking of buying the Xonphone 5 for my wife. It's available for 8k at Snapdeal. The specs look really good for the price but technical specs alone don't tell the whole story. User reviews at Snapdeal contain quite a bit of criticism - short battery life, poor camera performance, weak wifi, bad sound, etc. On the other hand, the way many such reviewers word their comments makes me doubt that they know what they are talking about.

So if anyone here has a personal experience with the Oplus Xonphone 5, can you please share it? "Personal experience" includes that of a close friend or relative, but please refrain from making careless throwaway comments based on wild guesses or vague hearsay. Such comments can be very misleading.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You realise its a chinese copy of ASUS Zenphone 5 right ?
IMO, just go for the actual Zenphone 5 or wait for better phones to come..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Your money, your choice..
If you do go for it, be prepared for NON EXISTENT After sales service..
PS: I dont think you will find any member here who has bought that, so if you are bent on enforcing your "second para", then you are wasting your time

OP
P

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
1. I specifically asked for personal experience or that of others close to the person who replies. You supplied neither one.
2. I specifically requested not to make throwaway comments, which is exactly what you did. And repeated it in your second reply.
3. I did not ask for alternatives or which phone I should buy. If that had come up later after some discussion, it would be a different matter.

E.g., think about your statement "wait for better phones to come..". There are always better phones coming. In fact, there are always better phones at any given moment - better for someone's needs or simply better, but they are usually costlier. It's irrelevant to my question.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
better get the Asus Zenphone 5 >.>

even the Redmi 1s would do,

- - - Updated - - -

known chinese OEM is better than some unknown chinese OEM

OP
P

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I know the Zenphone is a good VFM phone, and made by a trusted brand, but it's significantly costlier. So the comparison is not really valid.

As for the Redmi 1S, it's a better VFM. I registered for the last sale at Flipkart but I had to leave town to attend a funeral on that day. I've registered again for the next sale date. Nevertheless, I'd still like to know what the Xonphone 5 is like in actual use.

Ronnie012

Earthling
Suspect hardly anyone in this forum used this phone. Plus, this is a totally new and unheard of phone. Before getting this phone, better check for any service centers nearby. Most importantly, ASS,Build Quality and Reliability rather than specs matter when gifting something to someone you care about.

And if your budget is too tight, get a lesser priced branded and reliable product from brands like - Nokia, Asus, Motorola etc. Saying it again, look for service centers nearby your home. Unheard of products are often risky.

Top Bottom