Opinion needed on 27k rig

which combo is better in terms of performence.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ankush28

Bazinga
Guys I need you opinions for rig
Following components are fixed I need opinion about processor+MoBo+graphic card.
Corsair 4GB 1333 ~1,800
Dell IN2030 ~ 5900
zebronics cabinet ~700
Corsair CXv2 430 ~ 2,500
WD Caviar Blue 500gb ~ 3,100rs
samsung/asus odd~ 900(??)
Any kb/m~ 500
Total 15.4k
Now I have 11k to spend on other component. (can increase few hunderds if worth )
Following are two options:-
i3-3220+asus p8b75m+igpu~11k
FX-4300+gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3+ gt 210(video output :( )~11.4k
Which one better in terms of performence for CPU intencive work, mid range gaming.
For gaming will add HD 6670 ddr5 in 6 month.
I am thinking to get FX based rig.
Should I leave DVD writer I dont need that much, but dont know installing OS from USB will be headache on that gigabye mobo?? :(
No upgrade for next 3-5 year except gfx.
Give your opininos.
Thanks Cilus for suggesting FX based rig.
I JUST WANT OPINIONS ON THIS TWO RIGS NO OTHER CONFIGURATION. ;)
some query:-
>can i ovetclock FX4300 on that gigabyte mobo.(just mild overvlock in future when softwares demand more and more)
>any other option for mobo in FX.
> about power consumption of FX rig.

thanks alot guys you are just awsem...

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Get a8 5600k, its piledriver based just without l3 cache and you can enable hybrid crossfire by buying some low end cheap gpu,'s. Its cpu performance is comparable to fx 4300 while gfx being way better.

OP
ankush28

ankush28

Bazinga
Get a8 5600k, its piledriver based just without l3 cache and you can enable hybrid crossfire by buying some low end cheap gpu,'s. Its cpu performance is comparable to fx 4300 while gfx being way better.

I dont like APUs, though they are best in igpu but in terms of cpu performence they worse.
plus am3+ are more futureproof.

I dont like APUs, though they are best in igpu but in terms of cpu performence they worse.
plus am3+ are more futureproof.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Actually fm2 is just as futureproof with richland desktop apu's announced yesterday. Fx 4300 and a8 5600k are same if you leave l3 cache or igpu with apu.
Else i3 is better than fx 4300. You wouldhave to substantially oc fx for reaching i3 level of gaming performance which inturn increases its power requirements.
Try getting fx 6300 if you want an amd proccy.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
@op you need better mobo .that mobo needs to be flash with latest bios to support piledriver fx cpus.

from fx 4300 and i3 , i3 3220 is way to go for gaming

OP
ankush28

ankush28

Bazinga
@op you need better mobo .that mobo needs to be flash with latest bios to support piledriver fx cpus.

from fx 4300 and i3 , i3 3220 is way to go for gaming

thanks for help
I've checked that mobo(rev4.1+) come with FX supported bios now.

Top Bottom