Opera Version 8 Hits Million Downloads Milestone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravimevcha

Journeyman
Opera Software CEO Jon S. von Tetzchner said he would swim from Norway to the United States if one million copies of the company's latest browser were downloaded within four days of the April 19 launch. Start looking along the shorelines. After reaching 600,000 downloads in the first 48 hours, Opera 8 has exceeded expectations with 1,050,000 downloads as of April 23 at 10 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time. "I want to thank each and every one of the one million plus people who have downloaded Opera 8 over the last days," said Tetzchner.

sms_solver

In the zone
NOw the :? is will he swim from Norway to America?
anyway I should increase their download count by downloading Opera8 myself

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
and he starts swiming the CEO i.e

*news.com.com/Opera+CEO+starts+Atlantic+swim/2100-1032_3-5683356.html?tag=nl

:)

pakkasir

Broken In
THe new Features

I downloaded Opera 8 and man it rocks. The only time i had to use to IE6 was(when i used opera 7.54) while checking my Gmail account but with opera 8 i can check it now. So no more IE 6.Yippee :lol: IE 6 and its security patches, go to hell!! :twisted:
Also, the pop up blocker is more effective besides being automatic

BONZI

Journeyman
NOw the is will he swim from Norway to America?

These ppl are doing everything for popularity. I'm sure just because of that comment many forums and other 'hot medias' will be flooded with this kinda posts :) so many more downloads. In any case it is a good browser 8)

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
vysakh said:
BTW how many downloads did firefox have in its 1st 2 days ??? Laughing
oh not much, firefox didnt have much downloads in the first two days, except just over a million downloads in the first 24 hours, 2.5 million downloads on the second day, 10 million downloads in the first month, 25 million downloads in less than 100 days and recently, 50 million downloads completed and still counting. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom