Opera Unusable !!

Do you also face problems with Opera ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

varun_ag

Broken In
I have being using IE and Firefox for past year or so. But hearing all that hype about Opera after it was declared ad-free, I decided to give it a try.
But my experience has not been good so far. I am facing many many problems like:
1.) Frequent crashes especially while opening PDF files
2.) Pages not rendered correctly
3.) Very unresponsive many times
4.) Unable to block Pop ups.

It is really really unusable. I don't know how such a buggy product is surviving. How they say it as fastest browser on planet. I have installed it on my genuine WinXPSP@ with all updates applied. I am using Opera 8.5
Just wanted to know if you guys are also facing problems with Opera use.

Please share your experience with Opera if you or had used it.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I too currently use 8.51 and 9 beta. Working on XP machine...

1. PDF files are opened by Acrobat Reader. Opera copies the file to cache and opens Acrobat. So, I dont see why Opera should crash when opening pdfs... Check the file type settings in Opera...

2. Pages are not rendered properly for a few websites when their scripting is incorrect... Opera follows W3C standards more strictly than IE, so when developers check in IE only, they are likely to be slightly non-W3C standard... Not sure about how Firefox renders those pages...

3. I have compared IE, Firefox and Opera and found Opera to be faster, more memory efficient...

4. Have you set Opera to block unwanted popups? (look in quick preferences)... In version 9, additional blocking facility is coming up I think based on what I read...

Ultimately, it boils down to your convenience. Everyone has their own personal preferences and if you dont like Opera, go with Firefox... Personally, I prefered Opera over Firefox, but as they say, One mans meat is another mans poison...

Arun

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Even I switched over to opera 9 beta after all d hype... n guess wht? it is much much bettr than IE 6. I use opera on Win xp sp1 n I havnt faced a single prb as yet. The pages also load faster n d interface n utilities r excellent. Also if u hav a slow internet connection u can change to No Images option n ur pages will load faster... Opera also blocks d unwanted popups efficiently

Even for d mobile version, Opera 8.5 is too gud (on nokia 6600). It can resume downloads n d pages r displayed in a clean manner

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
no problemo with Opera here i use Opera 8.51 :D and im testing Opera 9 TP2

MenTaLLyMenTaL

Broken In
Yep its the best, easiest and fastest. As for your 3rd point, maybe you are running BitDefender? There's a problem with that coz if BitDefender is running, Opera hangs for 2-3 secs when loading a page.

C

cybermanas

I use Opera 9 beta 2 and have never faced such problems.It is much better than IE and one of the best in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom