opera browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
hey guys ive been using my new 7610 for a month now but i still haven figrued out how to configre my opera.. can some1 help me.. i have activated GPRS.. and am able to browse WAP sites thro the usual GPRS browser.. but i wanna use opera.. and some1 do temme if i use opera will i b able to browse all sites??

btw i use Chennai Airtel network.. with Net On Phone connection..

expertno.1

Technomancer
firstly you need to get mobile opera insatlled on your mobile

after insatlling opera it willl ask to make it default browser or from the wap settings make it as a default one (you need to insatll mobile opera first)

yes Opera will browse all sites with a gr8 speed

blue_earth

Broken In
I use the Opera which came with my 6600. Initially even I had a problem configuring it. I had used the proxy address which was given to me by the airtel customer care people and it would not connect. Make the proxy address field blank and it workes!
I'm assuming that Opera came installed with 7610. Open Opera > Options > Settings.
Use the navigator button to move right. Set the default connection as the name of the access point which you use. Move right again and set "Enable Proxy" as "Off". Thats about it.
You can browse all regular HTML sites using opera and off course, the usual WAP and XHTML sites also.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@ expertno1 yes i have it installed dude..

@earth.. i chckd da settings.. it was all right but still doesnt work.. says connecting.. but doesn... am able to connect thro the normal xhtml browser tho..

blue_earth

Broken In
U said that Opera says "Connecting...". What happens after that? Is a Square surrounded "G" visible in the top left corner of the screen? If yes, then Opera is being able to connect to the GPRS Gateway but somehow no Data is being received. You can check the amount of data sent or received after this "square surrounded G" appears by Going to Menu>Connect>Conn. Manager.

Also, try to open some common WAP site using opera to check whether its being able to open only WAP sites or not. If yes, then I think full HTML access over GPRS is not activated. Check with your service provider.

Hope this helps...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom