Opera 9.24 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Release Notes

This release is a recommended security upgrade.
Changes Since Opera 9.23
Security
Fixed an issue where external news readers and e-mail clients could be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Michael A. Puls II.
Fixed an issue where scripts could overwrite functions on pages from other domains.

Download Page

ChangeLog

Last edited:

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
me too security updates mean nothing.is there a way to show the links as a pop-up script when u highlight the link(the address isn't been shown as in other browsers)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ratedrsuperstar said:
is there a way to show the links as a pop-up script when u highlight the link(the address isn't been shown as in other browsers)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

You want the download link?
*www.opera.com/download/

sakumar79

Technomancer
I just wish that they would change to an update mechanism where we could download only the few updated files instead of having to download and install the full setup every time...

The three main issues I have with Opera are the one mentioned above, very basic download manager and incompatibility with some websites... But still, compared to the other browsers, it is much better...

Arun

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
sakumar79 said:
I just wish that they would change to an update mechanism where we could download only the few updated files instead of having to download and install the full setup every time...

The three main issues I have with Opera are the one mentioned above, very basic download manager and incompatibility with some websites... But still, compared to the other browsers, it is much better...

Arun

Arun the classic installer is just 4 MB, how big a download is that?

Operas download manager is way better than that of IE and FF. it supports resuming broken downloads. From the past 4 years of using Opera, it has never failed to download a single file. Also it supports BitTorrent Protocol.

Edburg

In the zone
well right now i am using the opera 9.5 alpha......i know using alpha as a consumer is insane but i absolutely opera and i wanted the latest one....

so far this version is considerably faster in performnace to the previous ones(already the previous ones are much faster than other browsers).......and i havent encountered any crashes or bugs with this one.....

sakumar79

Technomancer
@Charan, compare a 4 MB download + manual install process with 512 KB (say) download integrated install process and you will know which is easier... What I would like to see in it is that it should automatically identify the files to be updated and update them only...

Arun

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
well it may take some time for that :) , IE gets hotfixes from MS , so that will be a small update, but what about FF? does it update only the nessary files?

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Charan said:
well it may take some time for that :) , IE gets hotfixes from MS , so that will be a small update, but what about FF? does it update only the nessary files?

Well sometimes FF does update only necessary files but most of the times it is a full download.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Opera is 4 mb in size and has many more features than,say, IE 7.And yet IE 7 is some 15-odd mb in size.What did they put in it,really??:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom