Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
OK Guys
By what time is OpenOffice.org1.1.5 expected to be released..

BTW why dont they concentrate on Oo_O 2 Beta and make it a stable release more faster rather than diverting resources to OpenOffice.org1.1.5 at all.. :eek:

sba

Journeyman
If you would have had a look at OOo's main page then you could have easily got your answer ;)
It includes numerous bug fixes and the security patch. Just as important, it can read OpenDocument files, which are created by the advanced 2.0 line.
That tells you what they want from the release. They want the new document format to become more acceptable and usable, even by people who want reasonably stable stuff on their systems.

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
firewall said:
Dont you think, you should ask the OOo developers team ??

:)

A brainiac status after just 289 posts and this kind of reply .. U sure are trying to have fun at my expanse eh firewall..

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Kartik! He never mentioned if he wants info for Linux. Presuming Windows, let me add Easy Office, Ability Office and Think Free Office. Lotus smart suite'97 is also free since the year 2000.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
kumarmohit said:
A brainiac status after just 289 posts and this kind of reply .. U sure are trying to have fun at my expanse eh firewall..
Dont go after the post count!
What he means is you should be better asking OpenOffice developers for the timeframe within which they plan to release 2.0

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
No No No

Wat I mean is that he goty brainic status so early means he knows his stuff still this kind of reply The reason I wanted to know abut 1.1.5 is that

~ One I dont really like the interface of 2.0
~ Two the addition of base is of no use to me It will only be consuming unwanted space
~ And Three -Like it or not 2.0 startup on my PC is way may slower than 1.1.4 and that is saying something considering that all those who have used OOo know that its startup time has been one of the few of its negative factors
Edit-19 sep 2005-- OOo 1.1.5 is out -justdloadeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom