Open Source GNULLAGE !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
What would it take to implement open source / gnu OS in , say in around 20 villages . the project should help teach the people on basics of computers , train a few from them on maintainence and other stuff , and should help the whole village in management and information gathering . all this in around say 6 months . just a flash idea i got . so whats say ??? gnullage of gnowledge . how else can a gnullage use open source and computers . can we have wireless connections with fishing boats ??? Would love to hear inputs from all .

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
klinux said:
What would it take to implement open source / gnu OS in , say in around 20 villages . the project should help teach the people on basics of computers , train a few from them on maintainence and other stuff,
You might want to read these mailing list postings and its followup mails.
*mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-friends/2004-November/002506.html
Mr. Sriharsha Vedurmudi was also on such a campaign.

klinux said:
so whats say ??? gnullage of gnowledge
Gnowledge is a copyrighted term.... by my organization.

OP
K

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
ur site was exactly were i got the term gnowledge ;) . i thought u guys only copy left everything u made . anyways , will go through the stuff u gave .

GUNrag : u might be interested in this too

*forums.pcquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1138&highlight=

OP
K

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
This might be interesting , especially the part abt

ii. Network of Rural Knowledge Centres (RKC):

*tsunamihelp.blogspot.com/2005/01/beyond-tsunami-saving-lives-and.html

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I also have heard of a similar project being done by iit kanpur It uses linux and extended wireless communication setup based on the 802.g standard i think ...(not sure about the standard). The iit web site may give some details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom