Open Source conference in Bangalore on 19th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
open source unconference
OSSCAMP BENGALURU MOBILE! 2008 *osscamp.in/images/f/fa/Osscamp.jpg The OSScamp Community is organizing OSScamp Bengaluru Mobile! 2008 in the city of Bengaluru (Bangalore) on July 19th, 2008. For the first time, the OSScamp Community is organizing an unconference around Mobile Technologies and creating a platform for discussing Mobile Technologies and FOSS in Mobile devices in India. The emphasis is on discussing emerging technologies such as OS Development, Social Mobile, Mobile Commerce, Open Standards, Protocols, Databases, Linux Based Devices, Google Android, Openmoko, Symbian, iPhone, Qtopia Greenphone, etc. The unconference is being organized on July 19th 2008, with the International Conference on Communication, Convergence, and Broadband Networking.The venue is:
CEDT Building,
Indian Institute of Science,
Bengaluru.
The timings fo rthe camp shall be: 10AM to 5PM.
Indian Institute of Science will play host to 40 campers at the event. These would be geeks either working in or interested in Mobile Technologies. The event is filled with voluntary sessions on FOSS & Mobile Technologies and Projects, and is acting as a platform to showcase one's new development using Open Source tools and technology, while also fostering new ideas.
OSScamps are not-for-profit community events, relying solely on the sponsors to cover the cost of the event.
About OSScamps OSScamps is one of the India's biggest open source communities. Organized on the lines of Bar Camps, OSScamps are intense events with discussions, demos, and interactions with the participants. OSScamps are a collective of constituent camps organized by independent communities. It is a platform for the communities to come together and collaborate on open source technologies and tools. More Information For more details, please visit: www.osscamp.in
If you plan on attending the event, please register at the Camp Wiki.

For details contacts us at:
Email: info at osscamp dot in, kinshuk at osscube dot com
Phone: +91 99100 24895
Web: www.osscamp.in

I stay at a walking distance from IISc, but I am still unable to attend most FOSS conferences in IISc due to the fact that most of them need me to cough up a hell lot of cash as entrance fee.:(

Is this one free ?

adi007

Youngling
BTW what exactly these conference teach...?
Does they teach tech aspects or the history,development etc..of FOSS

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
BTW what exactly these conference teach...?
Does they teach tech aspects or the history,development etc..of FOSS

From my first post:

The emphasis is on discussing emerging technologies such as OS Development, Social Mobile, Mobile Commerce, Open Standards, Protocols, Databases, Linux Based Devices, Google Android, Openmoko, Symbian, iPhone, Qtopia Greenphone, etc.

From my first post:

The emphasis is on discussing emerging technologies such as OS Development, Social Mobile, Mobile Commerce, Open Standards, Protocols, Databases, Linux Based Devices, Google Android, Openmoko, Symbian, iPhone, Qtopia Greenphone, etc.
write the entrance cost and procedure in SIZE 3 BOLD CAPS.

kinshuksunil

Broken In
hi folks

I am one of the organisers of the event... The Event is FREE OF COST.. there are no registration charges, no other charges, none at all... feel free to join the camp and bring your friends along..

These Unconferences don't "TEACH" anything.. they are a forum where geeks assemble and discuss things... the structure and schedule for discussion is determined on the spot, in real time...

I wish it was in Mumbai :(

if you can take the initiative of doing the local ground work for the camp, I can help you with setting up a local Mumbai community and organise an unconference in Mumbai :)

(This is the only reason why limited unconferences happen)

regards
Kinshuk

Last edited:
hi folks

I am one of the organisers of the event... The Event is FREE OF COST.. there are no registration charges, no other charges, none at all... feel free to join the camp and bring your friends along..

These Unconferences don't "TEACH" anything.. they are a forum where geeks assemble and discuss things... the structure and schedule for discussion is determined on the spot, in real time...

if you can take the initiative of doing the local ground work for the camp, I can help you with setting up a local Mumbai community and organise an unconference in Mumbai :)

(This is the only reason why limited unconferences happen)

regards
Kinshuk
thanks for your reply. I am 99% sure that I will attend now. I hope I shall also see other guys like santosh, anirudh, charan, etc there.

BTW, where exactly in IISc is this ? the place is so damn big that I keep getting lost there and need to often ask for directions. I usually enter via the tollgate bus stop entrance from MSR Road.
Guess Gautham would be happy to hear this :)
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom