online multiplayer ganing

pritamk

Broken In
i want to play online multiplayer games like call of duty and battlefield. so i want help in choosing the internet connection for it. my available options are bsnl broadband, sify broadband, tata photon data card. i also want to know how much data is consumed while playing online games. and what should be the minimum bandwidth of internet connection for playing online game. plz help

A 256Kbps internet speed should suffice your online gaming needs. The only problem that you should concern yourself with is PING. The higher your ping, the more you'll get kick out of servers and the more lag you will face. Mention the place where you live. This will help you find a better connection as pings differ from service to service and place to place. Well mostly...

Data usage for per session would be approx 30-50 mb, depending you session time. and game. So i suggest you invest in a connection of 1GB free usage atleast.

I get approx 90-180 ping with Indian servers of BC2 and other servers are almost unplayable. :( Stupid BSNL.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Along with PING, if servers are located outside India , no matter which ISP you choose, you wont get ping less than 80 .

Wire-less Internet = BIG NO for gaming...their normal ping is 300+ ms

OP
pritamk

pritamk

Broken In
i can have bsnl unlimited plan for rs 1350. i get 20 gb with 4 mbps and beyond the bundle speed is 512 kbps. i m going to share this connection with my friend. will it be enough to play online?

Its enough assuming that you are gonna play the game through LAN connection.

Check your ping here : Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test and tell us the results.

Top Bottom