Online Gaming & Ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

audoseer

Right off the assembly line
Games are popular as ever. Many Digit CDs/DVDs include games which allow for online gaming, the most notable of them being 'America's Army Operations' recently. Sadly, the playing experience is not really satisfying due to personal network lag i.e. the time it takes for your personal action to affect the playing field, which is directly related to the ping value.
I am always getting a ping between 450-800 with sudden spikes and connection drops while connecting to any server. Other international players on the servers are most of the time <200. I am using a TATA Indicom CDMA Wireless Internet connection (Chennai) with 115kpbs, specified netspeed for AAO between has been experimented upon with 3000-6000 bytes/s with the same results. Not only does it make playing difficult, other players tend to pick on high pingers due to the rumor that they cause lag for the whole server.
Is distance to the U.S./European servers the reason for the high ping or can it be improved by going for DSL? Are there ANY Indian Game Servers or atleast some in the region, not only for AAO but other games? :?

Thanks

suhas_sm

Journeyman
are kawabonka and frag-shack still run by vbieng i mean ricky and p00t resp ??? long time me quit gaming online :(

ice

In the zone
yeah, fs is run by pootr! n his bunch of people..

I'd suggest you figure out which ISP gives u lowest ping. [pings are due to routing issues]

go4inet

In the zone
ice said:
yeah, fs is run by pootr! n his bunch of people..

I'd suggest you figure out which ISP gives u lowest ping. [pings are due to routing issues]

Welcome back ICE, i see u after a long time :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom