One ISP, two wireless network. How?

parthi2929

Broken In
Hi,
We live in a single compound with 2 homes. I have a modem and router placed in 1 home, corner. The signal is very weak to reach the other home, so there I hardly get any connection.
I want to avoid going for another separate ISP connection.
I also do not want to lose my bandwidth by half by using a second router as repeater.

I am ready to buy and use a 2nd router and connect it to either modem or 1st router with ethernet cable of any length, so that my speed is not compromised.

I would like to know, with this extra router and ethernet cable, how do I connect so that I will have 1 router each home, both providing same internet service at same speed.

Please help as soon as possible. I already bought a 15 m ethernet cable and tried to relocate to maximum possible center location between two homes, but still in 2nd home where router is not there, the signal is very weak. The walls are thick in my home.

I read something that I thought could help here (option 2) but not sure if it is that I am looking for
Create an isolated network using one ISP connection and modem | LAN-Tech Network Management

Regards
parthi2929

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that link is not a solution for your issue.see this instead:
DIY: Extend your wireless range on the cheap with a second wireless access point - TechRepublic

OP
P

parthi2929

Broken In
Great, thank you. I will check the same :)

Btw, I was wondering why I did not get any notification about this reply. I set the instant notification but still it did not happen! :(

OP
P

parthi2929

Broken In
A comment in that page says, if devices attempt to use both SSIDs, it could slow down the connection? When would that happen?

Any solution for the same? 2nd router can have a different SSID?

Top Bottom