onboard or agp graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyasram

The pWnster
i am planning to buy a Athlon 64 system , I want to know whether the Onboard graphics present in the nvidia ans ati chipset motherboards are good enough to play latest games like doom 3 ,half life 2 at playable framerates in low or mid resolutions. I want to know how much of onboard video memory is present in them .Are they better than GeforceFX 5200 , 5700 .If yes please suggest me a good motherboard at around Rs.7000

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i dont think there any any motherboards for athlon 64 that have onboard graphics based on ATI/NVIDIA , i dont know bout VIA chipsets . i checked the asus website , they dont have any board of nvidia/ati chipset with onboard graphics both for the socket 754 n 939 cpu's. i dont know bout MSI though. Asus has ATI chipsets for the Pentium 4 and one of these mobo's even has a onboard TV-Tuner. Check this mobo out from asus P5RD1-V Deluxe. For Athlon XP also there are boards with decent onboard graphics but none for Athlon 64 bit from Asus based on Nvidia/Ati chipsets. So dude , do some more research and decide what you want.

nikhilesh

Journeyman
There is NO motherboard that can compare to the speed of the FX5700.The 9100 IGP chipset from ATi has the 9100(a slower version than the normal Radeon 9100,i think).There are a few NForce based motherboards that have onboard Geforce 4's.The onboard graphics on these motherboards is by no means powerful ennough to play the games that you mentioned.You'll either get slide shows or horrible graphics.And also the chipsets i mentioned are for Athlon XP's.The motherboards for AMD64 with onboard graphics are based upon the same lines.

Your best option is to buy a seperate graphics card.You can get a 9600 non-pro(AGP) for about Rs6500-6800.The entry level PCI-E cards are based upon the PCX 5300(PCI-E version of the FX5200) and the Geforce 6200(Geforce 6 series,4 pipelines.Performance is about as much as a 9600).These cards are available for 7-8k.Not too sure about the availability of the Geforce 6200 though.

Sourabh

Laptoping
*banghead*

check out MSI RS480M2. It delivers the most powerful 3D performance of integrated graphics and featuring ATi Xpress 200 chipset with the latest ATi X300-level VGA core that supports Microsoft DirectX 9.

its the best budget s939 solution at the moment

and one can play doom3 and hl2 at minimum settings on it with playable frame rates

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
Will buying a geforce 5200 card will do any good or will the performance be the same as integrated graphics .

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
5200 might give u a small increase in framerates nothing worth investing ur money on. Why dont u go in for a AGP based modo and get the nvidia 6600 plain ? its around 6K I think. Will def give u a very very good performance.

Sourabh

Laptoping
going for a agp based motherboard and buying a fx5200 is dumb when u can get the same in onboard at the same price and u can have a future proof pci-e slot for ur needs in the future

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Going for AGP MOBO then go for 6600GT if you can afford it (its around 12K to 13K), if not then go for 6600 AGP version (its around 8K to 9K ) !!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom