OMG help Screenlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@int86
the normal, window effects (minimize/shadow/wobble), the desktop cube, a bit of transperencies is all that will run smoothly. u may try other effects too and post about ur experience here so that it benefits others. these are the effects which i've seen run smoothly on a config like urs.

@kenshin
goto compiz settings and set the horizontal desks to 4. also enable the cube and rotate cube option.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Thanks infra!
But now the problem is that I don't have a broadband connection. So can't update the Ubuntu. I'm sure that updates are hundreads of MBs. :-(
what to do now? I have Ubuntu 7.04 DVD

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@shirish
what version of ubuntu do you run? hey jus follow that guide. the only big download is the ati driver. download that article. ur gfx card can be setup offline. goto some cyber cafe and download all the resources. i hope you haf at least one of the composite managers installed. even if not its not a very big download (~8mb or so) which is one time download.

@shashwat
we are still waiting for that wallpaper! :)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I'm using Ubuntu 7.04. Even if I have the ATI Drivers for Linux, I can't install it. After running that shell script, it shows a window titled message with a button nothing on it. After clicking on that button window closes. :-(

What to do now ??

Can anyone provide step by step procedure ??? Please..... I'm gonna crazy for those Desktop effects....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@shashwat

@shirish
offiline installation become a bit tedious. follow this step by step guide
*wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Feisty_Installation_Guide

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Thanks for the link.
But ond thing I want to tell u that i have ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series. And *NOT* ATI Radeon Xpress 200M series. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom