$hadow

Geek in making
I have a few desktops purchased for my factory in 2009.
It is a Lenovo desktop with e2160 processor. All the components are company fitted and they are working great. A few years ago we upgraded 3 of our desktops with Nvidia 210 card.
Now the problem is that I want to see if I can upgrade it at all. I will be adding up more HDD for storage on 2 of the desktops as requested by the operators. Now I want to know what is the scope of doing so. And also if I order some new desktops what would be the best config at the lowest price possible.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:MS Office along with web browsing and some hd content watching.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:About 20k per PC

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes, maybe

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 8 now and 10 in future

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:For this I have a 4k budget seperately

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I can use mouse, KB, graphic card, ups and monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In the nest 30 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:depends for two desktops I can manage but not for 12 desktops.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:where ever I can find cheap, online or locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I have a seperate budget of 4k for HDD so in that 20k preferably list the components.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You want to upgrade all 12 desktops or just 1? Also is that budget for all 12 of them or just 1? And I don't think you'll be able to upgrade them much.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
You want to upgrade all 12 desktops or just 1? Also is that budget for all 12 of them or just 1? And I don't think you'll be able to upgrade them much.

I am asking for single pc. Also the total budget is 2 lac 40 thousand for all these PC.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Modified forum's 30k config.

ProcessorIntel i3 41507,500
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PH4,400
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,500
Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyAntec BP3002,200
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
Monitornone0
Keyboardnone0
Mousenone0
Total22,000

18,500 without the HDD.

I'd say instead of upgrading, sell all old systems and get new ones.
What is the monitor's resolution? You never mentioned the primary purpose intended for these systems. Also forget about overclocking. i5 4670k alone costs 16k.

If possible, list entire config of old system, not just the processor. :|

Also, dump the GT 210. HD 4400 is better than that.

Last edited:
OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] here is the config of all those PCs
CPU: INTEL PENTIUM E2160@1.8 GHZ
MOBO: LENOVO CPU 1
GT 210 CARD. 500gb HDD.

BryanM35

Broken In
To upgrade your PC from Windows XP to Windows 7, you'll need to select the Custom option during Windows 7 installation.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
for those needs,I honestly dont see much of an "upgrade" if you are getting an i3
the pentium E2160 cpu belongs to the core 2 duo family and was a lower end dual core at the time
the newer i3s are based off core 2 duo itself if im not mistaken
so unless your mobos are really old and have unsupported ports such as IDE instead of sata or something,I dont really see the point in getting a brand new config unless you need the boost in power to run applications

If you do feel you need the extra boost,try what saiyangoku suggested and sell the old ones and buy brand new ones
ps-if you want to touch <20k,just get a newer pentium g-series ,its nearly the same as i3 and costs much lesser(rest of the components can be as saiyangoku suggested,still get the i3 if you can,its vfm if you can spare the extra buck)

for those needs,I honestly dont see much of an "upgrade" if you are getting an i3
the pentium E2160 cpu belongs to the core 2 duo family and was a lower end dual core at the time
the newer i3s are based off core 2 duo itself if im not mistaken
so unless your mobos are really old and have unsupported ports such as IDE instead of sata or something,I dont really see the point in getting a brand new config unless you need the boost in power to run applications

If you do feel you need the extra boost,try what saiyangoku suggested and sell the old ones and buy brand new ones
ps-if you want to touch <20k,just get a newer pentium g-series ,its nearly the same as i3 and costs much lesser(rest of the components can be as saiyangoku suggested,still get the i3 if you can,its vfm if you can spare the extra buck)

i3 is NOT based on the old Intel dual cores, at least the 4th gen processors aren't. It's leap years ahead of those core2 duos.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Yeah here is what I have decided to do
I will get 3 PC with the config suggested above and rest of the PCs will see only a hdd upgrade to 2 TB or 1 TB as per staff requirements.

Top Bottom