Right off the assembly line
Hi Everyone,
I bought my PC in 2003 :!: It has the following config:
P4 2.4Ghz(Pin Type)
VIA Prosavage DDR P4M266 Chipset MOBO
32MB Shared Video Memory
SDRAM DDR 256+128 = 384 MB
It has both PCI and AGP slots.

It has a perennial problem of freezing graphical applications. The computer just freezes everything and has to rebooted in order to work. :mad:

I currently don't want to buy a new PC but just want to upgrade my MOBO or get a graphics card for the existing MOBO.

Can you guys help me in choosing a new MOBO or a graphics card which can work with this MOBO?:confused:

Thanks

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Upgrading ur Mobo wont help u at any way... coz ur proccy is a 478pin one and finding a Good Mobo for this is a shitty thing now...
Anyway u get some older Mobos like 865GV from Intel, Mercury, ASUS, Zebronics and MSI too.. with onboard IGP.. But that wont help u upfront in gaming or some other tasks...
So just go for a Proccy+Mobo Combo upgrade d00d.....
Sure that wont hurt ur wallet...;)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi Everyone,
P4 2.4Ghz(Pin Type)
32MB Shared Video Memory

It has a perennial problem of freezing graphical applications. The computer just freezes everything and has to rebooted in order to work. :mad:

I currently don't want to buy a new PC but just want to upgrade my MOBO or get a graphics card for the existing MOBO.

Can you guys help me in choosing a new MOBO or a graphics card which can work with this MOBO?:confused:

Thanks

Get this if you can:

1) Intel E2160 pentium dual core: 2.5k-3k
2) XFX 630i : 3k-3.5k
3) 2Gid DDR2 800 MHz Kingston RAM: 1k-1.2k

You can post in bazaar section for a P4 mobo. you can get it for dirt cheap price.

PS: Did you try to troubleshoot that problem or take the mobo to serivce center?

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Reinstalling the OS usually solves such issues, but dunno. Don't let the PC go yet. Once Nehalem releases, C2D's and C2Q's shud face price cuts(at least I'm hopeful).

OP
D

dexter_theboygenius

Right off the assembly line
first and foremost thing to do is to get that mobo checked at the RMA center.

Thanks desiibond for the advice, but since the mobo is so old, i doubt they will have spare parts for it. Anyway i will give it a shot. Thanks:)

Reinstalling the OS usually solves such issues, but dunno. Don't let the PC go yet. Once Nehalem releases, C2D's and C2Q's shud face price cuts(at least I'm hopeful).

Thanks comp@ddict for the comment, i have tried reinstalling the OS a number of times. But the problem still persists. It has to be the mobo. I was monitoring cpu usage for the past few days, it seems even for browsing and basic stuffs, cpu usage % is near bout 80-90. I donno if a bottleneck is causing the freezing problem.

Last edited:

Ranjya

Broken In
Hi Everyone,
P4 2.4Ghz(Pin Type)
32MB Shared Video Memory

Seems like the graphical S3 has gone belly up.
You have the option of a AGP4x card or PCI graphic card.
PM me if you want a cheap FX5200 PCI card. :rolleyes:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thanks desiibond for the advice, but since the mobo is so old, i doubt they will have spare parts for it. Anyway i will give it a shot. Thanks

What I mean is whether they replace components or not, YOu will know what exactly the problem is and if mobo really has a problem or not.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@desiibond

BTW i see ur siggy, 4x512MB DDR400, Have u tried this.... 4x1GB DDR400... Just a curiosity... Will ur Mobo supports upto 4GB....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom