Official Windows 11 Thread

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I'm holding out on both desktop and PC. This is the alternate release of Microsoft and the feedback hasn't been...that positive yet. Also, surpised they released the OS for so few processors and newer machines only.

ankushv

Journeyman
Updated my ryzen 3 Asus aio pc and Avita pura laptop ryzen 5 . Both working fine .

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The fact that I can't drag & drop files to a browser anymore like Mac OS is enough to stay away from Win11 for me. Also, those new right click menus aren't more user friendly. Maybe I'm just a power user of Windows, but that's also the reason I didn't like MacOS of my office laptop.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The fact that I can't drag & drop files to a browser anymore like Mac OS is enough to stay away from Win11 for me. Also, those new right click menus aren't more user friendly. Maybe I'm just a power user of Windows, but that's also the reason I didn't like MacOS of my office laptop.
one of my most go to things is I take a lot of notes from screenshots.
My workflow is take a portion screenshot on macos and put it into Notes App, or Microsoft Word or Email.

Command Shift 4, drag across screen to select area, and immediately you can see an preview that screenshot has been taken. This icon stays for 5 seconds and saves by default to desktop. You can drag this preview to any of the above app to put it in directly.

I wish windows had this. Windows has portional screenshot right now, (Windows + Shift + S) but this drag thing, would have been super convenient. Call it a minor nitpick but these small UX improvements are the only things that can be improved in modern OS.

one of my most go to things is I take a lot of notes from screenshots.
My workflow is take a portion screenshot on macos and put it into Notes App, or Microsoft Word or Email.

Command Shift 4, drag across screen to select area, and immediately you can see an preview that screenshot has been taken. This icon stays for 5 seconds and saves by default to desktop. You can drag this preview to any of the above app to put it in directly.

I wish windows had this. Windows has portional screenshot right now, (Windows + Shift + S) but this drag thing, would have been super convenient. Call it a minor nitpick but these small UX improvements are the only things that can be improved in modern OS.
Everyone's workflow is different. In Windows, I use the snipping tool instead of snip & sketch using that shortcut.

In Mac, I don't like the fact that ext mouse scroll & trackpad scroll direction are linked to one another, "X" button doesn't quit the app, lack of easy multi-window snapping (latest OS did put something), etc. Once I listed down like 6-7 points which annoyed me in Mac OS. Sadly my office didn't have a Windows ultrabook in stock, otherwise would have picked something like Lenovo Thinkpad or Dell Latitude over MacBook air.

IMO many Win10 power users might hold on to the Win11 update. If I get option to have old right click menu options (in new aesthetics) along with drag & drop, I don't see any point holding me from updating to Win11. Let's see what happens.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I am also getting the option to upgrade to 11. Should hold it for now ?
Why?Upgrade it.
MS is providing updates(patch updates) all through Windows 11 after it has been launched.
No issues at all in my HP and MSI laptops so far.

I won't be updating anytime soon with the few small issues it has (be it ryzen or recent NVMe speed issues), lack of some basic features (like dragging a file & dropping it in browser) & not so user friendly for power users (all the right click menu drama).

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Depends on the kind of guy you are. If you care about your workflow, and won't respect it being slightly hindered, then by all means, don't upgrade. If you care more about keeping up with times, and getting new(but not necessarily awesome) features, then do upgrade.

Top Bottom