Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
booo hooo, stuck @ setup connection, bricked ? :(

*img140.imageshack.us/img140/278/clipboard01mt.jpg

Edit : Ok got pass this one, worked with old version of Odin. Now to install LK mod :D

Update : Successfully installed LK2 mod. Going ahead with Canyogen mod installation.

Update : Installed Cyanogen mod , now the phone is stuck in multiple restarts, f***ed !

Final update : Installed Cyanogen again , worked this time :) , Happy :D. Live wallpapers suck the life out of phone though.

Last edited:

jain_pranav

Broken In
Congrats tarey_g ..
Make u wipe data/cache when u boot to a new rom.
Enjoy Froyo on your spica..
If u need any help,let me know :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^ Sure, thx

I cannot see hindi emails anymore in my phone, FB status in hindi also gets converted into boxes. Overall support for hindi unicode is gone after installing cyanogen mod, any way to get it back ?

Last edited:

sachitgul

Journeyman
man its been a long time since posted!

i wanna try out 2.2 on the Spica
how is the status of 2.2??
are there any issues or is it as stable as 2.1 from the kitchen?

did any of u guys try CyanogenMod on the spica??
im confused as to what i should flash??
SamdroidMod 2.2.2 or CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.3 from the 2.2 Kitchen??

what ur say guys??
which is better??

vulpine

Broken In
@sachit
CM is the one to go. It has so many features and supports so many themes, U gotta give it a try. U ll love it.
I used it for few weeks. I liked it very very much however der wer random SODs while on call and while playing music. Got pissed off and now, am back on stable and smooth 2.1

BTW I've made alltoext2 mod and phone has become much swifter :)) .MUST HAVE IMO.

Guys, Any1 of U using MT? IMO it jus makes phone a lil bit laggy , So I use singletouch at present. & dis is also one of the reasons why i dont prefer CM, you just dont have an option to switch back to single touch. Its MT always....

sachitgul

Journeyman
installing the CM cartoon mod over my Lk 2.02 Kitchen Cooked mod is not going well!!

damn it ive been getting this error...

E:Error in ChechDataApp.sh
(status 65280)
E:Error at line 7
run_program PACKAGE:CheckDataApp.sh

Installation aborted

what might be causing this ?? :?:
i did do a clean wipe and also formatted my sd card!

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

and now even my phone isnt booting up!
its getting stuck at the Spica Samdroid loading screen!

did i brick it or what!?!?

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

so i tried first going to the LK2.08 kernel but odin isnt detecting my phone and i installed the samsung drivers from the executable installer but when i connect my phone in download mode it says problem occurred at driver installation!

odin doesnt detect my phone!

im on windows 7

damn i seem to have messed up royally!
:-(

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

atlast!
i tried samdroid 2.2.2 mod and it worked!!
issue was with that cartoonmod i guess!! :neutral:

well i still didnt figure out the issue with odin and the drivers but hell with that now!

:p

some stuff i didnt like abt the samdroid mod-

-Google Voice and Twitter as System Apps so cant be removed without adb!
-ADW instead of LauncherPro
-Its no CM so looses out on the CM goodies which i was so longing for! :-(

so what all is missing in the samdroid mod which i can add??
any drivers or improvements not present!?
does samdroid mod have goodies like the 3D driver,bug fixes,etc??

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Hi guys,

I want to sell my samsung spica which still looks like a new piece (still original screen protector is intact) and is 1 year 2 months old..

Anyone interested in buying.. I m ready to sell it in delhi-NCR or patiala-chandigarh region.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Somebody please provide me latest official firmwire 2.1 update for my samsung spica i5700 in india...

so please provide me link to latest indian firmwire or atleast code name of the that...please reply quickly

Last edited:
Top Bottom