Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

kaz

right here
Re: One plus one will be finally available in India

Imported G2 available for 18k on ebay

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

The question is are you really willing to spend 20k(or18k+) + on a "new company" that would probably have 5-12 service centers in the country? And no clue on how the service will be? Or just buy the best "branded" phone in that range?Like Nexus 5 or G2 with good XDA support.
Secondly,this is India :/ we will surely not have great A.S.S as US or the likes

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway, this will further destroy the already damaged samsung rep in India.Samsung will loose their 20k phone segment too now :D A3 Or A5 whatever they release nothing will mater

amjath

Human Spambot

Oneplus one has new GM for operations in India, OPO doesnt have the same for other countries. Everywhere OPO support is almost zero, you cannot even return the phone. But in India it will be sold via retailer[Saw amazon link on this thread] so you can return if you find any flaws within 30 day period [My guess]. So their view on India is different than any other country. Hope they list service center during launch and dont share the service to HCL [HCL sucks (correct me if im wrong)]

$hadow

Geek in making

Oneplus one has new GM for operations in India, OPO doesnt have the same for other countries. Everywhere OPO support is almost zero, you cannot even return the phone. But in India it will be sold via retailer[Saw amazon link on this thread] so you can return if you find any flaws within 30 day period [My guess]. So their view on India is different than any other country. Hope they list service center during launch and dont share the service to HCL [HCL sucks (correct me if im wrong)]

But still buying phone via invite in a country to 2 Billion it would be a tough one.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

That's a 3rd party seller not a official retailer for amazon.
Besides,Amazon is thinking to exit India
And the reason companies are hiring seperates GM,heads for India is because, our country has a huge potential for growth for any product these days,as people are now very much aware of the foolish tactics of Samsung etc

$hadow

Geek in making

They poated that in India specific invite system will be used at a initial period.

amjath

Human Spambot

Not many know about this phone, not many will buy this even though you recommend this beast. It is clear that India specific invites will be surplus. BTW about Amazon quitting, last year their turn over in India was 1 billion and invested 2 billion more. So I'm darn sure they will not leave. These new ministers need money so they are doing like this. If they through some bones they will keep quiet. ( I don't like politicians except some, if anyone hurt I don't mind :D)

$hadow

Geek in making

Not many know about this phone, not many will buy this even though you recommend this beast. It is clear that India specific invites will be surplus. BTW about Amazon quitting, last year their turn over in India was 1 billion and invested 2 billion more. So I'm darn sure they will not leave. These new ministers need money so they are doing like this. If they through some bones they will keep quiet. ( I don't like politicians except some, if anyone hurt I don't mind :D)

Looks like you are taking on politicians today. Your 2nd post that I read regarding politicians.
BTW for the list of those not recommending it I am also on the list.

amjath

Human Spambot

Looks like you are taking on politicians today. Your 2nd post that I read regarding politicians.
BTW for the list of those not recommending it I am also on the list.
First I typed here checked that thread so copy pasted there :D

tkin

Back to school!!

Hmmmmm...LG is slow with updates, though they have promised lollipop for G3 by this year...
G2 lollipop confirmed Q1 2015 by LG.

- - - Updated - - -

The question is are you really willing to spend 20k(or18k+) + on a "new company" that would probably have 5-12 service centers in the country? And no clue on how the service will be? Or just buy the best "branded" phone in that range?Like Nexus 5 or G2 with good XDA support.
Secondly,this is India :/ we will surely not have great A.S.S as US or the likes

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway, this will further destroy the already damaged samsung rep in India.Samsung will loose their 20k phone segment too now :D A3 Or A5 whatever they release nothing will mater
Xiaomi and motorola.

amjath

Human Spambot

Guys, what is the SAR for this device?
Nvm, found it.

SAR Values:
- Body 0.62W/kg
- Head 0.75W/kg
US FCC regulation.

*forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-what-about-s-a-r-levels.821/

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

G2 lollipop confirmed Q1 2015 by LG.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiaomi and motorola.

Motorola has many service centers man.
Xiaomi has very less,and still no parts avail

tkin

Back to school!!

Motorola has many service centers man.
Xiaomi has very less,and still no parts avail
At least in kolkata motorola and xiaomi service centres are same. Why don't you compare the list?

amjath

Human Spambot

OnePlus' Smartphones Sell Strongly, 2014 Aim Is One Million Handsets - Forbes

“Normally when you launch a [smartphone] product it gets really hot in the first month, and in the second or third month, sales start to drop really fast. For OnePlus, when you look at our internal metrics, our sales just keep growing.”

:mrgreen:

amjath

Human Spambot

I already got invited once. Will I get invited again?
Invite by email right. Give a different email. Or else I will give you if I bought and got one (I'm planning to, almost sold my s2)

Top Bottom