Office Networking Help needed

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
Hi..

I got a new IBall Baton ADSL Router with WIFI.(@2150. nice deal :))

Now, I am stuck with the task of Connecting 4 pcs in my office with this router.

First, there are Two Pcs which are to be connected via LAN. Then, there are Two Laptops which are also to be connected, via WIFI.

Major problem is: BSNL Broadband connectivity sharing. I want to share the internet connection to all computers, whenever required. i.e. it should be a dialed to be connected to pc.

I configured the router as per the instruction in the manual, and it is connecting the PC automatically or on Required basis(it still don't ask for connection).

I am on a limited data plan, so don't want the connection to be active all the time. It should be connected when Some one from any of the PC requests the router to dial. Like it did in my old ZTE modem.

Any clues? I am attaching the screenshots of the Router configuration page.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
in ur advanced setup enable the option dial/connect on demand

it can also be found on the PPP username & password screen

OP
N

niravjadwani

Amatur Modder
in ur advanced setup enable the option dial/connect on demand

it can also be found on the PPP username & password screen

I need it to set as Dial when requested explicitly. Not when some application wants internet access. This way I wil be sure the net usage is being done by Persons and not by some virus or anything.

Thanks for the reply!!

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
If i am right i think this is not possible it will connect to net whenever any request is send from whatever program alternatively u can install a firewall & block access to everything else except browser

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
If i am right i think this is not possible it will connect to net whenever any request is send from whatever program alternatively u can install a firewall & block access to everything else except browser

Korrect this is what buggs me with the routers :(

Top Bottom