OEM Anti Virus on Lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hi Can any one tell me this --

Situation -- I have an OEM version of PC Cillin2002 which came with Mercury MBoard for my assembled Desktop PC . I have a branded lappy(Laptop) which came with no AV Now..

~ PC Cilliin is installed nowhere
~ Laptop has No Antivirus
~ Desktop has avast! Home

Question

IF I INSTALL PC CILLIN ON LAPTOP WILL IT BE ILLEGAL SINCE IT CAME WITH MBOARD NOT BEING USED IN LAPTOP? :?

rohanbee

Padawan
Well this is a very good question. This version of pc cillin did it come pre-installed or is it on a cd to install later?

If it did not come pre-installed you probably have a trial verison so it should probably expire after 30 days or whater time they have given you. After this you might have to register it online to get updates.

Most pc company's do this. Av you always have to buy later unless you buy it with your lappys package.

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
No no It came on the CD (I assembled the PC)but its not a trial version You see- PC Cillin demo has no key It skips the key dialog but in my case it comes with a pre inserted key all that is needed is to install it, connect the rig to the net and register it and activate it and it becomes fully operative auto updates and all besides it includes the word OEM in key Its not a trial as far as I think ..

hcp006sl

Journeyman
The anti-viruses that come with mainboard CD may contain a free license for 1 month to 1 year. They usually don't have any key.
So, far my knowledge goes no software can be registered against a PC, but can be associated with a person or his unique e-mail address. if I am not wrong, no should have anything to say as you are the owner of that product.

rohanbee

Padawan
If that is the case then you could probably oput it on your pc without any problem and register it as well. Unless some where in a tiny line of the 5 page agreements that wqe never tend to read says "you cannot" you should be ok. Do not register again and again on different machines though as it will be a single user licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom