Nvidia Readies GeForce 8800 GTS for $299 - $349 – Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: Nvidia Readies GeForce 8800 GTS for $299 - $349 – Rumour

s18000rpm said:
dont wash ur hands on them dude, if you dont like the gfx. card, then gift it to me:D

Yeah for sure dude....But in exchange u can give me ur $250,000 BMW M3 GTR (NOS equipped)!!!I think thats worthy enough for u!!!

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Whaaat???*smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/questions.gif
i cant gift you my BMW M3 GTR coz i love it a lot *smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/y/loveineye.gif
instead of BMW, take my Ferrari F430 & Hummer :D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
New low-end GeForce 8500GT will have 128-bit controller

NVIDIA MUCKED UP with its 7300 series. Creating a GPU with a 64-bit memory controller only meant performance was constrained compared to the AMD's Radeon X1300 offering. Even though Nvidia currently owns high-end segment with the excellent GeForce 8800 series, the low-end segment makes most revenue for all companies and here is where this current line-up faltered.

On April 17th, things will change. Nvidia is set to introduce 8500GT, which will feature a chip with a full 128-bit memory controller, supporting either 256 or 512MB of DDR2 SDRAM memory. The GPU will be clocked 450 to 500MHz, depending on cooler and MSRP, while memory clocks will be set at 800MHz - you can expect faster versions as well.

The chip only supports one Dual-Link DVI, so forget about running two 30-inch monitors but big issue is absence of mandatory HDCP. This may be a cause for cheer, because you can actually pick a card without HDCP, which leaves doors open for the creation of software emulators. We will see what nV planned with this one...

AMD will follow with an event in Tunisia from 22nd to 25th of April, and we will be able to what Chimpzilla does with its RV610 design, .

Expect ton of hardware reviews and comparisons from April 17th onwards.

Nvidia learns from mistakes of G7x generation

Source

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

sabret00the said:
Guys I think these cards are priced as per the USA.They will cost 2 to 3 times more when they come to India as our begger Govt. has to extract customs and octroi.So dont be so happy as the real figures will be something close to multiplied by 2 to 3 and add the middleman's commission as well(I mean dealers).Anyways the prices are certainly competitive and the 7000 series will be completely washed out.The 7000 series will be available at throwaway prices...........:smile:

Wow!!! Finally I can buy a 8600GT/Ultra or if it is still not affordable, you are telling that 7000 series will be available at throwaway prices. Let's hope then I can get a 7800GTX/7950GT at throwaway prices.

sabret00the

Youngling

^^^do some googling and u will find that as per rumours spreading in the tech world Nvidia is all set to launch its entire 8000 series including 8600 GT and GTS cards which are gonna replace the 7600 GT and 7900 GS cards respectively.....however no idea as of on an Indian launch.
But one thing is certain that the 8800 range is also going to witness marginal price cuts next month....
In about 3 months time 7xxx cards will be as per assumptions dirt cheap...:p

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well i hope this should be true....then i m gonna scratch that 8800 GTS 640MB version dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whopeeeeee!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom