Nvidia PureView is On now

Discussion in 'Graphic cards' started by gxsaurav, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

As many of u remember, NVIDIA with the launch of GeForce 6 series announced the onboard Video Processar, which was said to take all the Video Decoding from the CPU by doing it in the card, thereby incresing quality & performance

The first cards which came had faulty hardware due to which the 6800GT & 6800U had broken VP, so the 20 Million transistor were left doing nothing, just providing heat

Today NVIDIA has launched new drivers & given this VP a marketing name, Nvidia PureVideo for GeForce 6 series, it will work with only 6200, 6600 series & 6800nU, not with 6800GT & 6800U

More info

http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=23547

Review

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2305&p=1

U will need new drivers & PureView decoder to get full advantage of it, it's free,just like a driver,

This is not available for FX series, however, this might help as FX series also had hardware MPEG2 decoder

2. icecoolz

icecoolz Active Member

nice one gx....I think I'll try these as I own a 6800nU ;)
    thnk you can post the links for the driver gx ...couldnt find it on the nvidia site...

3. TheGuru

TheGuru New Member

WTF? WMV9 hardware acceleration won't work on 6800 GT and Ultra??!!?? Piece of crap.
    But, I guess WMV9 and 1080i is not yet ready for primetime, atleast for me; so, for now, its back to DOOM3 and HL2.
    Maybe when that day arrives when I purchase a flat 50" display for my Pc, I'll have to upgrade my video card :roll:

4. OP
    OP
    gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

ya this is bad, this was touted as a feature iof the new 6 series gfx cards, so it's bad that it is not available in 6800GT & U, maybe the next batch ot hardware will fix it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.