nVidia Physics Pack 1 -- Anyone Tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
i've seen it now. As the file size is nearly 3GB i download it tonight and i will give my feedback as soon as possible.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Already tried and tested it when it got released !!! Overall the pack is awesome but the complete thing is not worth downloading (esp. for people with underwhelming internet bandwidth).

--> The drivers worked perfectly on my rig ... works excellently on both Win XP x32 and Win Vista x32. Good performance gains over the official 175.16 drivers. Till date I have been on the hacked 177.39 drivers with physX enabled. Posted the benchmarks earlier.

UT3 v1.2 Benchmark @ 1680x1050 Highest Quality (Win XP SP3) using the UT3 Benchmarking Tool:
(177.39/PhysX enabled) ::: 103 fps average
(177.83/PhysX enabled) ::: 104 fps average

--> UT3 PhysX mod works perfectly... with all the 3 optimized PhysX maps @ 98 FPS average.

--> PhysX demos work nice.

---> Badaboom media converter is an awesome softy (freakin fast) but has limited options within a nice and highly user-friendly GUI. Man I wish this could be free .... no more waiting for hours to rip a DVD into a high quality mobile-playable video.

---> Warmonger (the full version is provided here) is a pathetic game... even at its low settings the game runs at less than 30 fps with occasional hang-ups and screen-freezes @ 1680 res. It is a multiplayer game primarily but u can play deathmatches with bots too. The concept seems nice, like blowing up buildings to make or close pathways.. the weapons are pathetic.. not worth its > 400 MB download size.

---> The tech demos are OK but not mind boggling. They run great and if u have a good internet connection with lots of available bandwidth, u can give them a try.

---> The Sneak Peak demos are allright too.... !!!!

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Warmonger = Useless...

Also after installing this driver..I am not being able to overclock my GPU..heck..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom