NVIDIA AGAIN OUTRUNS ATI ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harsh bajpai

Is it me, or has ATI been owned this time round in the GPU wars?
Shortly after ATI announcing the X1800XT Nvidia have countered...the 7800GTX 512 MB or also known as 7800GTX ultra..

Can't wait to see the reviews on this card, not because i'm an Nvidiot, but because it clocks faster than the ATI card.

Original story here: *www.theinquirer.net/?article=27443

The card is on sale from the 14th of this month.

please post it's proposed cost in India if anyone gets them..

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the nvidia 7800 gtx 512 mb kicks ati x1800's ass almost everywhere .. nvidia is doing some real damage to ati now .. firstly they unveiled the 6800 gs for as much as 15k which is a amazing deal and now this 512mb monster .. ati dont mess with the best or ull be screwed like the rest !!!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
ATi always place their product with a higher price... I was vry happy with my Radeon 9600 untill i realised i could hav got myself Fx 5700 ulltra at same price...
I wonder how they survive !!!!

Specially in low end models...ATi is a no go....same with high end cards...
Midrange cards are the only place where ATi has something to offer...
But the bottomline is.....MY NEXT CARD WILL BE A NVIDIA 8)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Nvidia has always been ahead off ATi..... no surprise
Really? Did you ever compare the performance of a Radeon 9800 and a FX5950? The Radeon totally destroyed the FX.
Even if you compare the Radeon X850XT PE with a 6800 Ultra, no one card is the outright winner. The Radeon is better in some games and the 6800 in others.
As far as the 7800GTX vs the X1800XT is concerned, take a look at this
The X1800XT outperforms the 7800GTX at 1600x1200 in F.E.A.R

ATI and nVidia are both great companies. At any given time one is going to have a better product than the other. But that keeps changing. Just like AMD is better than Intel now but it wasn't so a couple of years back.

Don't make stupid statements like nVidia kicks ATI's ass. When the next round of GPU's is released you just might be in line to buy a Radeon card. Think about it.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
*img171.imageshack.us/img171/7027/98356un.th.png

see dat now .. this is frm anandtech and here the 7800 gtx 512 mb beats the x1800xt .. and ya forget perfomance ati couldnt even make their cards available after the launch which one was another reason for nvidia to celebrate.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
True, but the 7800GTX 512MB costs much more than the X1800XT.
When you compare equally priced cards i.e 7800GTX and X1800XT, then the X1800XT wins.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
drvarunmehta said:
Nvidia has always been ahead off ATi..... no surprise
Really? Did you ever compare the performance of a Radeon 9800 and a FX5950? The Radeon totally destroyed the FX.
Even if you compare the Radeon X850XT PE with a 6800 Ultra, no one card is the outright winner. The Radeon is better in some games and the 6800 in others.
As far as the 7800GTX vs the X1800XT is concerned, take a look at this
The X1800XT outperforms the 7800GTX at 1600x1200 in F.E.A.R

ATI and nVidia are both great companies. At any given time one is going to have a better product than the other. But that keeps changing. Just like AMD is better than Intel now but it wasn't so a couple of years back.

Don't make stupid statements like nVidia kicks ATI's ***. When the next round of GPU's is released you just might be in line to buy a Radeon card. Think about it.

u r partially right. ATi shined when we compared the performance of Fx series with ATi considering Shader Model 2.0 performance.All fx series sucks in SM 2.0 games.But its a history with Nvidias 6 series...
I agree ATi is good but NVidia is surely the better choice now :shock:

OP
H

harsh bajpai

dude!! neither am I from calcutta nor do I understand any bengali and i think most of us didn't get what u said here, so please...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
sidewinder said:
harsh bajpai said:
mohit said:
.. ati dont mess with the best or ull be screwed like the rest !!!

totttallly agree :)
Tui valokorei janis jegulo tui bolechis segulo sotti na.R konodin bolisna.Etodin amar sathe mish sese ki tor ei dharona holo?I'm shocked!

ewoif we9yrur qwdnn3209 qwklewji ... now be more shocked !!!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
sidewinder said:
harsh bajpai said:
mohit said:
.. ati dont mess with the best or ull be screwed like the rest !!!

totttallly agree :)
Tui valokorei janis jegulo tui bolechis segulo sotti na.R konodin bolisna.Etodin amar sathe mish sese ki tor ei dharona holo?I'm shocked!

Sorry guys...... a great mishap there.Actually I was sms ing my girlfriend through airtel website nd the thinkdigit.com window was also open...and i mistyped in the wrong window :D
Sorry again

jay4u

In the zone
SARGE HERE I COME.... OOPS WAIT HERE'S A BATTLE GOING ON... AND I VOTE FOR NVIDIA......

NO IF... NO BUT... ONLY NVIDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom