Nvidia 8600GT Gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Hi Buddies ,

My 8600 GT which i got for myseelf from Canada has gone faulty . When i called up nVidia , they gave the answer " NO WARRANTY FOR GPU's PURCHASED OUTSIDE INDIA " ...now there's not even a service center here in Delhi ...

The main prb is that when i plug in my GPU to the mobo , the PC doesn't starts up , n without it , the PC starts like a charm !

Thinking that PSU mite be at fault , replaced the PSU with a higher capacity !

Even after above failed attempts , i plugged my card into another PC but same result , that PC also didn't start up !

Now the question arises ,

i wud like to ask u ppl what can i do and whether can i get the card repaired in Nehru Place ? If yes , then plz which shop too !

i m paying the price :(

Thnx

BlackBerry7100g.

Plz Reply .. Its Urgent !

Last edited:
K

Kalyan

Hi @BlackBerry7100g..

First I want to ask u a qn.. Did u enable the pcie card as the primary display in bios? I presume that u connected your card and then, connected the monitor and then switched the system on.
Now, go to bios, and search for an option pertaining to 'primary display' or something (I donot know your bios settings so, I am just giving u the hints. u need to explore yourself). search for such options such as onboard vga or something like that.. Mine was the primary display. just select the pcie card and then, save and exit the bios. Now, it should work fine..

P.S. I also felt the same when I connected my card but then, I just checked the bios setting and could resolve it .. Hope this helps. If not, specify your mobo model..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
may be doing what kalyan is saying by booting without a gfx card with the onboard card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom