"ntldr is missing error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizwanvakhar

Right off the assembly line
Hello there!!
I,m having a HP PAVILION DV2000 laptop with window xp home edition sp2, with sp3 update installed in it..
Now i'm having a problem with my pc while booting.. it shows an error "NTLDR IS MISSING, PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL TO RESTART"
I searched in the net about what to do with it and got a win xp proffesional sp2 bootable cd from my freind as i dont have the cd i got with my pc..
I loaded it in my bios and tried to repair my pc..A blue screen for windows setup starts loading at one point it stops asks whether what do i want it to do like " to setup windows PRESS ENTER... to repair PRESS R... & to quit Press F3.. ". i tried to repair it by pressing R.. system doesn't respond when I press either R or ENTER for the first time.. but when i enter them for the second time as i was tired waiting for about 10 mins after entering the first time... it gives this error message:
"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
Make sure any harddisk drives are powered ON and properly connected to your computer; and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer- supplied diagnostic or set up program
setup cannot continue.To quit setup, press F3"....
Now the problem is,.. I ran the Harddisk self check diagnostic from the bios(pheonix F.11) it says harddisk is fine..
and my harddisk also gets detected while booting which i saw in the bios boot screen which is like this ( which is when i get when i press "esc" to enter the multiboot to select alternate device for booting, i had to pause this one read it)
"
Pheonix trusted core(tm) NB
--- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -
-rights and stuff - -- - - - - -
F.11 - (bios version)
CPU = 1 PROCESSOR DETECTED, CORE PER PROCESSOR = 2
GENUINE INTEL(r) CPU T2250 @1.73GHz
1051M SYSTEM RAM PASSED
2048K CACHE SRAM PASSED
SYSTEM BIOS SHADOWED
VIDEO BIOS SHADOWED
ATAPI CD_ROM: HL_DT_ST DVDRAM GSA_4084N
FIXED DISK 0: FUJITSU MHV2100BH PL
MOUSE INITIALIZED"...
When i insert a flash drive it detects even that..... Now i dont understant why my system doesn't detect the hard drive when i go to repair windows....
plz help me out with this.. any alternate ways to repair "NTLDR error:"... plz note i dont have a floppy drive in my pc cant create a boot disk... i have a NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM file with me in my flash drive... but i'm not getting any interface to copy it to my harddisk!!! any suggestions
waiting for ur response.........
with regards
Riz... :p

ThinkFree

Technomancer
You get an option to access ntfs/fat partitions in Ultimate boot Cd(bootable Iso file, 115MB that you have to burn on cd) or try using livecd of ubuntu to copy the ntldr file

OP
R

rizwanvakhar

hey asnvin....
how can i create the bootable Iso file in the cd....
can u help me out with this in detail....

hey rexi... thats what i told there... the setup is not detecting my harddrive... but in the bios it gets detected....

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Talking about Ultimate Boot Cd? You can download the Iso from *www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html file which you write to a cd. The CD becomes bootable and you can boot your computer using that. You would get a text based interface only . Ubuntu livecd is also bootable and you get a graphical interface

OP
R

rizwanvakhar

troubleshooter.... how can i copy it to my harddrive when i'm not having any interface to do it???

asnvin... any free site where i get the ultimate boot cd iso

Last edited:

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Just don't do anything, & follow this link.
*tinyurl.com/3eela

Here it is explained how to solve ntldr error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom