NSA Paid a Huge Security Firm $10 Million to Keep Encryption Weak

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
*i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim2/2013/10/21/national-security-agency-seal_610x407_610x407_1.jpg
Reuters reports that the NSA paid massive computer security firm RSA $10 million to promote a flawed encryption system so that the surveillance organization could wiggle its way around security. In other words, the NSA bribed the firm to leave the back door to computers all over the world open.

Read on: NSA Paid a Huge Security Firm $10 Million to Keep Encryption Weak

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
So.
The NSA knows what i bought from flipkart :shock:
and about my Battle.Net id & password :shock:
I'll never trust that green "this site is secure" thing in google chrome now
_|_ you America _|_

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I was just wondering what are the implications of snooping on my online activities. I mean if i have nothing to hide (Apart from torrenting), i have nothing to fear.

OP
R

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
Oh, yes, exactly. What is damn use of tracking my online activities? We're not doing anything offensively,. :shock:
I was just wondering what are the implications of snooping on my online activities. I mean if i have nothing to hide (Apart from torrenting), i have nothing to fear.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Even if we are doing something wrong,IT IS OUR COUNTRY'S PROBLEM.NOT THEIRS.WHY DO THEY SNOOP ON ALL OTHER COUNTRIES
Commander, you seem to forget about the "Indian Female Diplomat" fiasco that is going on...in US currently.
They are the Big Brother,no matter what everybody thinks about.
They are showing by their nature.
No offence taken : I am not a fan or supporter of US ,does not mean that I am a leftist.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Commander, you seem to forget about the "Indian Female Diplomat" fiasco that is going on...in US currently.
They are the Big Brother,no matter what everybody thinks about.
They are showing by their nature.
No offence taken : I am not a fan or supporter of US ,does not mean that I am a leftist.

True dat.But they are the Big Brother only if you let them be
Do they fk like this with Chinese diplomats? no
Do they snoop around in China? no

kg11sgbg

Absolutely,true and correctly said,commander.It's our desire and craving to be at the feet of the Americans,British or Europeans for the past few generations.
We are mostly to blame ourselves.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Absolutely,true and correctly said,commander.It's our desire and craving to be at the feet of the Americans,British or Europeans for the past few generations.
We are mostly to blame ourselves.

United we stand divided we fall. This we did not learn even after 200 years of absolute slavery under the British and still we are fighting among ourselves in the name of caste,region,race,religion,language. How stupid of ourselves.
We invented so many things yet we are abused in every way possible. Its the cravings for western civilization that is the cause of all this madness.
Ex: Pepe Jeans, Lee, Levis and Tommy Hilfiger are made & stitched in TN and sent to parent company, get imported and we buy for thousands just for the name of them.How stupid we are...

kg11sgbg

United we stand divided we fall. This we did not learn even after 200 years of absolute slavery under the British and still we are fighting among ourselves in the name of caste,region,race,religion,language. How stupid of ourselves.
We invented so many things yet we are abused in every way possible. Its the cravings for western civilization that is the cause of all this madness.
Ex: Pepe Jeans, Lee, Levis and Tommy Hilfiger are made & stitched in TN and sent to parent company, get imported and we buy for thousands just for the name of them.How stupid we are...
+1,to this.Not to forget our craving for Intel,AMD,HP,DELL,IBM,Qualcomm,ARM,etc....

gameranand

Living to Play
True dat.But they are the Big Brother only if you let them be
Do they fk like this with Chinese diplomats? no
Do they snoop around in China? no

Couldn't agree more.

OP
R

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
There's an update to this story, guys. Follow the link.

BBC News - RSA denies link with US spying agency

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
NSA’s backdoor catalog exposed: Targets include Juniper, Cisco, Samsung, Huawei — Tech News and Analysis

apparently the back-doors are in BIOS, the vendors dont know about it, and persistent across OS re-installs. some of it borders on the verge of possible.

The ANT division doesn't just manufacture surveillance hardware. It also develops software for special tasks. The ANT developers have a clear preference for planting their malicious code in so-called BIOS, software located on a computer's motherboard that is the first thing to load when a computer is turned on.

This has a number of valuable advantages: an infected PC or server appears to be functioning normally, so the infection remains invisible to virus protection and other security programs. And even if the hard drive of an infected computer has been completely erased and a new operating system is installed, the ANT malware can continue to function and ensures that new spyware can once again be loaded onto what is presumed to be a clean computer. The ANT developers call this "Persistence" and believe this approach has provided them with the possibility of permanent access.

Another program attacks the firmware in hard drives manufactured by Western Digital, Seagate, Maxtor and Samsung, all of which, with the exception of latter, are American companies. Here, too, it appears the US intelligence agency is compromising the technology and products of American companies.

Catalog Reveals NSA Has Back Doors for Numerous Devices - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Top Bottom