Noticeable Dim Edge on O1!! What should I do??

Chetan1991

Youngling
BIG TROUBLE!!
I noticed that the bottom edge of the mobile's screen is very dim compared to other edges. It is noticeable especially when viewing books in landscape mode. I have the same problem with my laptop, but thats not very noticeable on the large screen.
Please see the attachment to view the dim edge.

Please suggest what should I do??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
defect with this particular unit. else at least someone would have complained about it @ XDA like they did with the SD card unmount problem.

noja

Bang! Bang!
dude its not a dim edge. its a property of Aldiko the ebook reader. the dim edge near the bottom of the screen gives a paper like look. try viewing a wallpaper which is completely white in full screen with the gallery.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
tried the full brightness flashlight app. the difference in brightness certianly decreasly, but it is there nonetheless.

another trouble that popped up is that i noticed a dust particle in the screen. How the hell did it reached there? how to stop more particles from entering in the phone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
same with mine. 1 big particle & a dust near the headphone. some say it entered through the edges in buttons. but my guess is it enters through the earphone grill.

noja

Bang! Bang!
welcome to the world of optimus one sam.
the lgservice center guys are aware of this problem and have a fix for it too.

my phone is full of problems, screen flickers, dust all over the screen, that dim bottom edge, random restarts and sd card unmounts.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
welcome to the world of optimus one sam.

m in O1's world for more than a month.

the lgservice center guys are aware of this problem and have a fix for it too.

i know but can't seek their service just yet. i am using custom recover & custom rom.

my phone is full of problems, screen flickers, dust all over the screen, that dim bottom edge, random restarts and sd card unmounts.

taken to LG service?

noja

Bang! Bang!
yes I did but I only told them about the dust part and at the time they did not have the gasket so I will go back after they get the part.

noja

Bang! Bang!
it only takes 15minutes to fix it. the service center near me did not have the part so I have to wait till they get it. but yeah as long as its there, the dust is really a prick in your eyes :p

Top Bottom