NOT READING CDs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

super jango

Right off the assembly line
guyz, i guess my computer has stopped responding to dvds!!!.......when i put a movie dvd into my drive, the computer first read it, then the autoplay dialogue box came as usual asking me to select the video player to use..........i've got powerdvd and windows media player...........but when i select any of these, it opens.......but the movie won't play!!!!

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^WHAT?!? Not 'powerful' enough?? What do you mean, that it requires some health drink or something?? (Sorry, No offence meant)

@super jango: There could be several reasons for that:-
1>The movie files in the DVD may be corrupt.
2>The DVD might be scratched.
3>The DVD might not have been burnt properly.
4> Your drive might be faulty. (Is it old?)
5>You might not have the codecs required.

Does reading data from normal discs take a long time for you? In that case, it might be the DVD Drive which is faulty.
Check the DVD on some other PC. Also, check if other DVDs or CDs work on your PC (Data discs). Also, ensure that you have the required codecs to play the file (most likely you do). If you find the DVD drive at fault, go get a drive cleaning disc, and try to save it. If it still doesn't work, get the drive replaced (If it is in warranty period, try to get it repaired).
Its not your PC... unless you've got codec problems in which case, you just have to install some codec pack (I'll prescribe K-Lite Mega codec pack, its always on digit DVDs).

Yasa_Zidfrau

Free Like a Cloud
My dvd rom is not powerful enough to read dvd but brother dvd can run it
What your dvd rom is?
My current dvd is lite-on, but before is LG.
Lite-on is good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom