Not able to access pen drive on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadhwalprince

Broken In
hi friends

i have one 2 GB kigston pen drive and i am anot able to run this pen drive on my P4 2.80GHz vista PC . it doesn't create any other drive for Pen drive . pls help to resolve this problem ?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I'm also facing similar problem in Vista with my "Transcend JetFlash 1GB" Pen Drive. :D
Vista is unable to install its drivers and also it can't download them using Windows Updates. Transcend website doesnt provide drivers for Vista too.

I wonder why Vista isnt able to install the required drivers? My other 4 pen drives (SanDisk, etc.) are working fine in Vista, But Transcend doesnt work. ;)

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
u can try this bro -*www.kingston.com/search/default.asp?FromPage=SiteSearch&SearchString=DRIVERS

*www.kingston.com/search/default.asp?FromPage=SiteSearch&SearchString=DRIVERS

punchcard

Broken In
Configure the USB root hub to use an IRQ
Click Start, then right-click My Computer and select Properties.

Select the Hardware tab, then click Device Manager.

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, locate the Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller entries.

Right-click each of the Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller items, and select Properties, then the Resources tab.

In the Resource type column under Resource Settings, make sure there is an IRQ assignment listed. If no IRQ assignment is shown, you need to go into BIOS setup to configure the USB controller hardware to use an IRQ.

Restart your PC and access the BIOS setup program.

Find the parameters for assigning an IRQ to the USB interface and set it to Yes or Enable.

Restart your PC and recheck the USB devices for proper functionality

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
me 2 am not able to access my usb storage.. only difference.... it's my portable HardDisk which isn't gettin realized by Vista.... how to access... all data in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom